Filler putty recipe and other fillers

What’s the proper ABS putty mix?

Also what’s the experience with JB Weld vs Devcon Plastic Weld to Bond the two halves of the helmet?

Using the ABS putty mix is better?

Thanks!

I used Devcon and it has worked out great so far. I still have to paint the helmet, but it was easy to work with and sanded down nice and smooth. It does stink though so make sure you work with it in a ventilated area.

This is how it looked after curing and sanding:

H7YryD7bqDuRGagXYqwqTvJA5pYbfEV15skFAlZuk71-FaGa3wMEgYf7_rdbAXlRv8uy2gCNG8taagE9EHgxLXNYVz-dlcFnQx0PKj5AlmfSADMtiuk1_lR7-hT5HglBQoOcyDcQLSTh3mrnbe-1fA-sEwOxARQ-P7MpGmosRjGTPfsqWTkmy7F-FZIwEDQk0EIl5L_yeapr0fkx-U63NJIovje6-ZYND3GBNqxQZf58vrSRLun31IP1iOyDuutZitLPlP_2sK6lbqFkfZ56XsUqMK8jJXheG3T0JKxbmw-WZTlMmScYYPS5CSb3xdyz_1yE3Wko36vAmvm9lzCrddOQhcEAJJyg-H1TDlraQaaKkotVUN6o5Ds0IfvHt_CAFQodRFrVH_LxttwE3_Z5KzhNB099qTxIT0AeyWQwLCpwAfu0ifNinWobIZ0oSZ8WJUWUdnYZj4UkrpiZ1QAuzoOk6HfyxzDSIMBiBsZl4PB8eCWvNa3uRWD7PwNMTqGEW-6ssZtrRne1Q3ig4y5z7M8EkyAqHDTbEEwA2V6w98TjqCsqlheWWGh5MYIeVOkGcxC-gqoaQ855PC2r6yS4XM2_BsXAHdylz_eAsZU=s500-k-no-tmp.png

• Like 1

I used Devcon and it has worked out great so far. I still have to paint the helmet, but it was easy to work with and sanded down nice and smooth. It does stink though so make sure you work with it in a ventilated area.

Good info and looks clean. Which bucket is that? Guess I’ll have to roll out to the store tomorrow and get some Devcon.

Good info and looks clean. Which bucket is that? Guess I’ll have to roll out to the store tomorrow and get some Devcon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RS

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I've used devcon a bunch. It works well and has a relatively flexible bond. It starts to set really fast though, so make sure you get your placement correct the first time.