TX looking to add a TB costume to my wardrobe

Kaabous

Hi all.

I currently have a Shadow Scout as my sole 501st approved costume. I love it, but everyone knows you can't stop at just one kit, so I'm looking at my next one. I have always planned on doing a Biker Scout, but once I saw that the Rebels version was already being done I figured that'd be a great way to go. I'm getting the WTF kit, obviously, so the hard parts will be set.

I have heard that the cartoon versions of costumes tend to be difficult builds, but the CRL for this one looks pretty similar to the standard TB as far as contruction. While I wait for the hard parts to come in, I want to get rolling on the soft parts but I have a few questions about the soft parts and strapping. Having already done a standard Svout build, albeit in black, I am pretty familiar with the strapping and whatnot. The Rebels CRL is much less strict, it seems (strap widths, flight suit construction, etc). Are there any tips on what to avoid or things that would be significantly different from the standard build? I plan on using the strapping materials, white duck (bund/cod) and white vinyl (boots) I have already bought for my standard Scout build. Will that all work for this build?

Thanks for any input!

• Like 1

Welcome to the Pathfinders!

While there are many differences between the two Scouts the biggest difference is the cummerbund and pouch configuration. The ribs continue around and there are no pouches mounted to the bund.

The duck cloth and vinyl should work out just fine for your build.

Kick off a build thread and we’ll be glad to help you along on your build.

• Like 2

Welcome to the Forum! You've come to the right place. Pete is one of our resident Rebels Scout experts so he is your go-to on that!

• Like 1

Thanks guys!

Pete (and others here and in the Spec Ops det) were great in helping to get my first build done. I got it done right (first submission approval with no corrections) and quickly with his guidance.

I like the differences between the two... it makes it feel worthwhile to do since it isn't exactly the same build as my current one, but I can still apply all of the tricks I picked up in building the Shadow Scout. I like the look of the fully ribbed bund and the lower pouches, too.

I figured I'll use this as my build thread, so I don't clog up this forum.

Progress so far:

Armor and helmet - kit ordered 4/14/18 from WTF

Gloves - already have some from Leather Mystics that will work (from my soon-to-be-done Starkiller build)

Boots - still looking for a good base boot to modify. I have a lot better concept of how to approach these this time.

Suit - still looking at options, have some things that I could use already, but I think I want a dedicated set

Neck seal - have material, will be next in the sewing queue after Starkiller is finished.

Belt, pouches, bund and cod - same deal

A few questions to start:

What size elastic is used to secure the arm and knee armor? I think it was only specified for one piece in the CRL, IIRC. What width have people been using?

Second, does the WTF kit come with decals? If not, where do people get them?

Lastly, what size are the pouches? They look more square to me than the standard build bund pouches.

If all goes well, I should have the soft bits and boots done by the time the hard parts arrive, so I am planning to be done by the end of Summer. We'll see:)

You’ll be the third one, as far as I know, to go for the Rebels so it’s still relatively new in the Legion.

For your suit the base was made using police tactical pants and a thermal suit top akin to what the TKs wear. It’s recommended to go with that pairing.

For your strapping I’ve always felt it’s wise to maintain the scout biker widths. They are proven and come in standard sizes so you just can’t go wrong there. It will give you the proper look combined with range of motion. You can also add Velcro to your undersuit to keep them in place as many scouts do.

The WTF set comes with all the decals. You should have the red rear helmet decal, top visor decal, snout, chest and helmet “barcode†decal.

As far as the pouches they are actually more rectangular than square. The size is a bit larger than the Biker Scout we wear. That’s more of a question for Stephtrooper to weigh in on as she’s in the know on those pouches.

I hope this helps and I’m looking forward to seeing your build proceed. Keep asking those questions and we’ll do our best to help you along.

You’ll be the third one, as far as I know, to go for the Rebels so it’s still relatively new in the Legion.

For your suit the base was made using police tactical pants and a thermal suit top akin to what the TKs wear. It’s recommended to go with that pairing.

For your strapping I’ve always felt it’s wise to maintain the scout biker widths. They are proven and come in standard sizes so you just can’t go wrong there. It will give you the proper look combined with range of motion. You can also add Velcro to your undersuit to keep them in place as many scouts do.

The WTF set comes with all the decals. You should have the red rear helmet decal, top visor decal, snout, chest and helmet “barcode†decal.

As far as the pouches they are actually more rectangular than square. The size is a bit larger than the Biker Scout we wear. That’s more of a question for Stephtrooper to weigh in on as she’s in the know on those pouches.

I hope this helps and I’m looking forward to seeing your build proceed. Keep asking those questions and we’ll do our best to help you along.

Sorry I had to jump in

I'll take pics of the pouches I got from Steph if that helps?

Hmm I'll have to dig through all the packing peanuts from the WTF box for the decals lmao

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Cool, I'll take any help I can get:)

I also think I found some boots. I'm going to try some steel toes this time so I don't have to worry about crushing the toe when stretching the vinyl or during troops.

I was planning on sticking with the regular strap widths, since that makes the most sense and I have the stuff already. I just wanted to make sure that's what the consensus was before getting going since there are some differences in the kits.

Cool, I'll take any help I can get:)

I also think I found some boots. I'm going to try some steel toes this time so I don't have to worry about crushing the toe when stretching the vinyl or during troops.

I was planning on sticking with the regular strap widths, since that makes the most sense and I have the stuff already. I just wanted to make sure that's what the consensus was before getting going since there are some differences in the kits.

These pics don't do them justice till Steph chimes in lol8e12473edf77d923bf7070a1607d581c.jpg09439a3dabb13bd8c97d29f5cd8ccac5.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Yep, your build thread was one of things that convinced me to order this kit.

Thanks for the input on the pouches. Would you mind giving me an idea of the dimensions you used?