Here goes nothing...first TB

DekaBreak

Guess I should've made a progress thread sooner...

This is the start of my first ever WIP thread! *nerves start kicking in*

Ordered and Received:

Mystic Leather Black Gloves

Timberland 8.5 Boots

Ordered and Currently Waiting On:

Rebels Biker Scout Armor and Bucket from WTF/Walt's Trooper Factory (rottie) - Ordered on January 6th

Soft goods from StephTrooper

Handing off boots to SleeveRob of BikerScoutBoots

Received but no longer using

Imperial Pilot Gloves from Wampa - Haven't decided what to do with them quite yet since they had more dramatic lines than I had anticipated.

I am still looking for misc stuff, any advice would be appreciated!

Andrew

• Like 1

Sounds like you're well on your way to a great build! Make sure to take some photos and keep us all updated on your progress!

Sweet! The Rebels Scout family is growing

Hi Deka! Sounds like you're off to a great start! You in the right place as this det is focused on helping folks be successful. Give me or Stephtrooper a shout out if you need anything and we'll be glad to help. Post up what misc "stuff" you're looking for so we can point you in the right direction. Keep in mind that ALL of us were where you are at one point so don't be nervous. We're here to help you and you're in good hands.

Thanks!

I'm also keeping an eye out for a hold-out blaster since there's no crl for the rebels version yet

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

That's been a tricky one to pin down. The problem is with finding solid reference material for the Rebels pew pew. We know that the grip and guard are elongated from the ROTJ version and there are a few other differences as well. I've been talking with a vendor who is looking into these so there will be more to come.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

• Like 1

That's been a tricky one to pin down. The problem is with finding solid reference material for the Rebels pew pew. We know that the grip and guard are elongated from the ROTJ version and there are a few other differences as well. I've been talking with a vendor who is looking into these so there will be more to come.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

I wonder if the Rebels blaster is the same type as Lyras blaster in Rogue One? That grip and guard look elongated aswell since she can fit 4 fingers into it.

• 2 weeks later...

Okay buddy, you're all set!

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
It is!

Though I'm still intimidated as it's my first build '>_>

It is intimidating. But look at it this way. I recieved my BBB in september, having no previous experience with the tools or materials. The most complicated thing I had built was IKEA furniture. But taking my time and following the excellent advice on this board, I managed to build it in about 2 months. And now 7 months later I achived Lancer status.

So go at your own pace, ask questions and believe in yourself!

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Hmm after looking at the crl, still figuring out a top, don't know whether to get a thermal skin top or something more along the lines of under armour?

I'd rather not sweat to death on troops with a thermal top if I can help it lol.

Any suggestions?

Hmm after looking at the crl, still figuring out a top, don't know whether to get a thermal skin top or something more along the lines of under armour?

I'd rather not sweat to death on troops with a thermal top if I can help it lol.

Any suggestions?

Maybe both...

I have a TK and I use different undersuits one is a bit heavier for colder outside troops and one that is more like a workout compression outfit so it’s supposed to have the cooling effect when you sweat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nxfR0U9.png

Any suggestions?

Under Armor is perfectly acceptable. Just make sure no visible logos are showing.

• 4 weeks later...

Started working on the bucket at a small build day with an x-acto knife and marked where I need to take off.

Still need to send the edges but I'm definitely all thumbs on this lolfc64d4eb15115c786b551e1edca712d1.jpgfaa86e629c137c42450c965f7c58cb31.jpg23978917527c64261b55f193ca6db55c.jpg25ccb88ac3e44a6f6da65d249616e625.jpgafb5a7359bcde3984ed18753ba7fa98e.jpg

Off to good start! Keep a little meat on the helmet crown so the adhesive has plenty of area to bond to. You can trim and sand further once you have a solid connection between the halves. Lightly sand the areas you’re going to bond with 220 grit and clean with some isopropyl alcohol. That will clean it of any release agents and give the adhesive a good surface to bond to. For the visor and ears trace around the circumference with a pencil and that should give you a nice trim pattern to work from. Take it slow and remember measure twice cut once. It’s easy to remove material but you can’t put it back.