What are people using for gloves.

Skethra

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all. I'm looking at some imperial line officer gloves to use as gloves. Are these ok to use or is there some recommended ones.

Hi man, are the ones you are looking at something like this:https://www.etsy.com/listing/510923907/imperial-line-officer-gloves-base

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah these could work for the KT. I used something similiar from ebay and my seamstress made all the modifications..

• 4 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 1/24/2019 at 1:34 AM, THUNDERCAT said:

Wampa wear and greebie mod it 

Where is the thread for the greeblie mod?

14 hours ago, Jakeputt said:

Where is the thread for the greeblie mod?

I haven't seen one, when I get started modding my gloves Ill take some pics and vids 

8 minutes ago, THUNDERCAT said:

I haven't seen one, when I get started modding my gloves Ill take some pics and vids 

Can you explain the process? I might be able to figure it out.

The thing with the WW gloves though -- is the forearm portion long enough? Greeblie mod aside, it's cut like their biker scout glove, which appears to be shorter than the kashyyk trooper glove.

26 minutes ago, Chopper said:

The thing with the WW gloves though -- is the forearm portion long enough? Greeblie mod aside, it's cut like their biker scout glove, which appears to be shorter than the kashyyk trooper glove.

Depends on the proportions of the individual wearing the gloves. I am sure they are huge for a smaller person but small on a bigger person.

49 minutes ago, Chopper said:

I can confirm that the WW biker and kashy gloves are the exact same length and proportions. 

oejzylI.jpg

Right, so what I'm wondering is how long should the ideal kashyyyk trooper glove actually be on a wearers arm? And is a properly fitting WW kashyyyk glove long enough?

A trooper recently got approved with ww gloves with the greebies mod

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/10/2019 at 10:49 AM, THUNDERCAT said:

A trooper recently got approved with ww gloves with the greebies mod

For what it's worth I asked about getting the gloves made without the stitched greeb in them (to save on unstitching and to try and get the hole the right size) and this was the reply:

My gloves are made at the factory. I can't alter anything.

If you are pretty handy. You can undo the grey section and then install your silicone greeblie.

I'd be interested to know size-wise, how the stitched greeblie compares to the silicone one.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Bally said:

For what it's worth I asked about getting the gloves made without the stitched greeb in them (to save on unstitching and to try and get the hole the right size) and this was the reply:

I'd be interested to know size-wise, how the stitched greeblie compares to the silicone one.

Yep that's what I am going to do 

10 hours ago, Bally said:

Here you go:

TU7LTn9h.jpg

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Chopper said:

Here you go:

TU7LTn9h.jpg

Chopper, how do you plan on replacing the sewn in grey with the rubber greeb? I can't think of anything that isn't just gluing it on and praying it stays put. 

• Like 1

Not sure right now. I can't punch through that with my machine, even with a heavy duty needle. I'll likely take them to a shoe repair place and see if they can do it. 

• Like 2

Right on. Def try an experiment on some trimmed scrap parts that are disposable first. Rubber resin like that is super tricky to glue properly. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/19/2019 at 12:49 PM, Chopper said:

Right on. Def try an experiment on some trimmed scrap parts that are disposable first. Rubber resin like that is super tricky to glue properly. 

It is, you will find out with the greebs for the arms... ...for that I used a super glue with added rubber so it worked alright.

For the greed in the gloves, either try with just the shoemaker's glue or add the stiches. My gloves were made from scratch by my seamstress she stiched the greeb in place(bless her!)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

I've been communicating with Wampawear about creating their own greeblie and installing it directly from the factory. I am also speaking with them about elongating the brow and grey sections between the hand and the arm.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

• Like 1