Suicide is Painless (E-22 "real" build)

Because I'm an idiot, allergic to cheap projects, OCD, or any number of other mitigating factors, I have undertaken the dumbest ideas to date. I'm attempting to make a very realistic E-22 blaster out of metal pieces. After reviewing, I think that well over half the pieces are easy to do, but obviously there are some questions. That I'd love to get help with (rather than buying a whole 3D printed kit for just a very few pieces.

More to come.

v/r,

Jon

-------------------------------

https://goo.gl/photo...eJ1NtnJFsJ9em28

-------------------------------

E-22 Components

Tubes:

*1.375 x 0.250 x 0.875 (12 inch segments) x 2 T6061 - barrel/receiver coupling (May need 1 more)

*1.500 x 0.058 x 1.384 (36 inch segments) x 2 T6061 - barrel assemblies, body of weapon

*1.625 x 0.058 x 1.509 (24 inch segments) x 2 T6061 - barrel assembly "jackets" over each barrel

Sheets:

*12 x 12 x 0.090 thickness plate x 2 T6061 - Miscellaneous external metal fittings

*12 x 12 x 0.045 thickness plate x 2 T6061 - Possible fittings.

Other components:

*Hengstler 400 Counter

*Aluminum Sterling End Caps x 2

*M300B Scout Light Airsoft

*Sterling L2A3 Receiver template

*T-Tracks

*M38 (1943) or M47 Tank Scope

*Uncle Mikes 3/8" Sling Studs x 3

*Talon 1 inch Sling Swivel x 2

*Pre-Wired Red LED Lights x 2

Scope Rail

Scope mounting blocks

Power Cylinder

I'm glad I've been staring at these pictures. I almost used a Sterling template on the whole of the body because of the T-tracks......didn't even notice that it has an outer shroud that doesn't have the holes in it except for the last inch or two that are sticking out....that's gonna make my job SO much easier!!!

As soon as I get some pieces together, I'll let you know. It's going to be very sturdy, as the tube will run the length of the weapon hopefully. Some of the images I'm looking at create the impression that the area JUST before the T-tracks is actually a smaller OD than the 38.1mm tubing that the Sterling barrel has....

v/r,

Jon

The hardest part for me is going to be determining how I want to do the trigger group. I knew the weapon was based on the airsoft version, although I didn't know that the airsoft version was steel. That may change my thoughts on the E-11B. I already have the steel receiver tube on it's way though, so my E-11 may have just gotten a little bit of a "bump" once this is done.

So far a good bit of the materials are ordered to accomplish the barrel assemblies and receiver tube. I have a sculptor lined up to do the resin and will probably be able to get a rubber butt pad, although I have not yet decided if I want to do the added energy to make it adjustable to multiple people or not.

v/r,

Jon

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Project is somewhat moving forward. I ordered the 3D Props NL E-22 coming to get measurements and help with positioning. I have most of the parts and will be starting a new job so I'll actually have time and energy to devote to this finally.

I'm also thinking I will be able to finish up the E-11B project around the same time. So much fun going on here!!! I'll post pictures of the E-11B once it looks less Sterling and more Blastech.

v/r,

Jon