Belt set up information

• 3 weeks later...

The long belt box set up

We suspected that there was a slot on the belt box that held the longer one in place with strapping, as you can see in this picture below where the lower part of the drop box was snapped off

IMG-1298.jpg

Now that we have a still image from the film, we are lucky to see that one of the Troopers was missing the long part , but you can see where the slot is

F5A87449-02AA-4D58-A8AA-74FCF7163CDC.jpg

It is straight forward to get this correct look.

1. Cut a slot into the top part of the lower drop box

DC221FD9-76F8-41A5-8DFB-3619607D5031.jpg

2. On the longer drop box , cut out the shape of the lower sized drop box area, so it can fit into it. Then glue webbing strapping and pass it through the slot on the drop box. Pull it up and glue to the back of the top drop box.

CBBF15F6-BEAF-4460-8323-EC07D80A65F4.jpg

6F040D84-605C-4163-8F41-53AD3C522EB2.jpg

When attached to the belt, this will give you the correct look and your longer drop box will have flexibility.

Left side original, right side fan made

54-E1-F639-00-C2-45-D4-8-CC9-7540412-D00

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hey, I'm seeing all the reference images of 2 small boxes and 2 medium boxes, but lots of approved costumes with boxes that look almost identical. I believe the BSP kits have the small/medium boxes the same. Is that correct, or should they be quite different? Has anybody had the availability to actually measure the screen boxes?

Hey, I'm seeing all the reference images of 2 small boxes and 2 medium boxes, but lots of approved costumes with boxes that look almost identical. I believe the BSP kits have the small/medium boxes the same. Is that correct, or should they be quite different? Has anybody had the availability to actually measure the screen boxes?

The small and medium boxes are different in width and the medium box has a wedged shape top.

THat's what I thought. Maybe my eyes are deceiving me, but are you seeing different sizes and angles here? Supposedly a BSP kit.

Hmm, just re-read the CRL and it mentions the "top detail". Have we got good images of that.

19021275_10155408147009314_320680060_n_zps7voy8ysz.jpg

The BSP medium boxes are 2 mm wider then the small ones, so there's too little difference in my opinion. I made mine wider to get a distinct difference between the small, medium and large boxes. The top detail is a sloped edge. You can see the modifications I made here: http://forum.bikerscout.net/index.php?showtopic=16967&view=findpost&p=153446

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

how wide and long is the belt and the belt buckle? I seem to be blind no to find the info

The belt width is 3" , length all depends on your waist size with armouer on. Rob Kittell on FB makes great belts with rear adjustment buckles

• 2 years later...
  • 2 years later...

Greetings,

What is the best way to attach the boxes to the belt? Velcro, snaps or other way?

What is the most safe and durable way?

Thank you so much!

Best regards,

Hugo Pablo

TD 9778