Ammo pouch placement information

To get this look 

fullsizeoutput_389c.jpg

First measure the strap from the side of your hip to a point on the left and cut the strap.  Note in the below picture the strap is cut where the hand is.  The strap is then fixed into place with a snap stud.

6F79115E-B0E1-4E07-9547-0562A616BB1D.jpg

DO NOT throw the spare strap away , you need this 

85117218-574C-4330-836B-6E4D6D605A72.jpg

With the spare strap, attach it to the inside or outside of your side kidney armour by snap studs or glue and loop over the side 

85117218-574C-4330-836B-6E4D6D605A72.jpg

With the ammo strap coming over the right side armour , I thought that the strap might come through the armour instead of coming over the top,  so I spoke to a person who wore the screen used costume and he revelealed that's how some where done.

C454B6B2-50F8-4731-96CE-E69E9F3EADF5.jpg

Once done all you then have to do is buckle it up to your ammo pouch buckle , also make sure the strap goes past the black line recess

IMG_1393.jpg

C7B46144-6226-4B85-8A0F-A9F4C1447AE6.jpg

Now you have the correct look and have the method they used with this costume

• Like 2

On the portion that snaps to the flower petals I'm moving my snap from the outside of the armor to the inside. The belt I purchased and its velcro'ing method , for lack of better words, sucks. So I need as much slack as I can get. Having it snap on the outside of the flower pedals takes up valuable belt inches.

On the portion that snaps to the flower petals I'm moving my snap from the outside of the armor to the inside. The belt I purchased and its velcro'ing method , for lack of better words, sucks. So I need as much slack as I can get. Having it snap on the outside of the flower pedals takes up valuable belt inches.

I can't see that being a problem as you will achieve the same look and your still using snaps.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Is seeing the buckle required? Got my pouches from Lithuania a few weeks ago and I just removed the buckle and swapped the shorter strap for the longer one.

The short strap was perfect length for the front. Took the long one, put a snap on one end, looped the other thru the ring on the pouch, and used the leather guide loop and a zip-tie thru the back of the pouch to clamp tight temporarily. Still a good bit of excess on that longer one, so I can put the buckle on if the approval team needs to see it on there.

48 minutes ago, NegativeEleven said:

Is seeing the buckle required? Got my pouches from Lithuania a few weeks ago and I just removed the buckle and swapped the shorter strap for the longer one.

The short strap was perfect length for the front. Took the long one, put a snap on one end, looped the other thru the ring on the pouch, and used the leather guide loop and a zip-tie thru the back of the pouch to clamp tight temporarily. Still a good bit of excess on that longer one, so I can put the buckle on if the approval team needs to see it on there.

It’s not a requirement, but if you can I would add the buckle again to make it more accurate. It’s close to the pouch so normally it would be visible. Well, unless you are on short side like me 😉. I had to shorten the strap at the pouch side to make the buckle visible.

• Like 1