E-22 build using Sean's 3d files

jc27

I started printing the E-22 files that Sean F. has provided (they are awesome by the way). I am hoping to have the printing completed by the coming weekend. My question is for anyone else who has built his kit, how does the counter box get attached to the rifle?

I am just about done printing Sean's E-22, here is a pic of the grip section (its held together with painters tape). Once all the parts are printed (I am almost done, but also out of filament), I will start the sanding and filling process. I started using the Smooth-On XTC-3D epoxy, and so far it seems to work.

post-82670-0-23925700-1485103953_thumb.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...

Finished priming and assembly of Sean's e-22. I put on the hengstler according to a buddy's pic from a display at Disney, even though people have said its upside down.

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, it's upside down. But if you hold the blaster upside down the counter is right side up

I had to reprint the flashlight and mount so I reprinted the mount for the hengstler so it faces the "correct" way. My buddy showed me a pick from a disney display of a screen used suit and the hengstler is upside down, so I thought I would be different and mount it like that, but after looking at the assembled rifle, I decided to flip it back.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

What scale are you printing at?

I'm currently redoing the forearms at 85% because they are huge at 100%.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

• 5 weeks later...

I went through 3 spools of filament (the davinci printer I have uses smaller than standard spools at 600 grams rather than the standard 1.2 kg spool). So about $60 in filament and about $10 in paint, and I already had the sandpaper and bondo.

Here is a pic of mine primed and ready to paint and before I flipped the scope around.

post-82670-0-98608900-1498925356_thumb.jpeg

My printer only prints ABS. I printed it at .2 layer height and 20% infill. If I had printed in a highe rinfill or layer height it would have taken more. It took about a week to print.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Here is my finished E-22 printed from Sean's files with a functional flashlight. Sorry the pic is so small, I haven't figured out how to upload a larger picture and still keep it under the required file size.

post-82670-0-37491800-1506529485_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Do you have a link to where the 3D print files are shared?

I emailed Sean and he kindly told me they are with the rest of the Shoretrooper files! I guess in my excitement I over looked them! :lol:

www.dropbox.com/sh/imzv4ozzy2kp7nj/AAB10VAQLbe9F6Is2G0JV8N6a?dl=0

• 3 months later...