Squad Leader Kama

netslave

Thanks! This has been a labor of love, sweat, tears and no small amount of frustration on my wife's part. Tony has also been an invaluable resource. She spent a lot of time on the phone talking with him, discussing techniques, and lessons learned.

I can't sew to save my life, so my bucket is off in respect to anyone who can. :)

Dude! Obey Wan!

I love it! Its looking great I am so happy to have helped you guys out on this project. Let me know if you have any further questions on my pattern.

I'm glad we can work together as a community to make great things. =)

I'm also looking to buy one.

Don't worry my friend Run 2 is only a few days away! Stay tuned!

• Like 1

Dude! Obey Wan!

I love it! Its looking great I am so happy to have helped you guys out on this project. Let me know if you have any further questions on my pattern.

I'm glad we can work together as a community to make great things. =)

Don't worry my friend Run 2 is only a few days away! Stay tuned!

Hey Tony,

I am also interested in one...how much are you selling/shipping for? thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Run two is going to start accepting folks starting this Sunday! Keep an eye in the trade forums section.

Also the Mark II kama has been unveiled!

. I would love to get one of these from you. What is the best way to get on the list.

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I clicked on the link and it says I do not have permission but would like to get one of the kama's

You need a certain amount of posts to gain access to the trade section I believe. I am not sure the exact amount.

. I would love to get one of these from you. What is the best way to get on the list.

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sounds good, try the link above if you can if not we can do it through PMs

What type of material is used for this? It seems like it is a heavy, oiled , waterproof material. What are people using to weather this quickly?

My kamas are made from Nylon, with elastic bands. The material is exactly what was used in the movie. I have heard a lot of people weathering it using just paint or rubbing it in the dirt actually. The nylon holds the weathered look well.

You need a certain amount of posts to gain access to the trade section I believe. I am not sure the exact amount.

Sounds good, try the link above if you can if not we can do it through PMs

Okay well can I PM you then since I guess I don't have the right number of posts which is dumb and detours people away

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Okay well can I PM you then since I guess I don't have the right number of posts which is dumb and detours people away

Yeah I am not sure why the requirement is there but look forward to your PM and we get the ball rolling. Sorry about the delay on the response been super busy over here.

• 1 month later...

I'm convinced these are made out of shelter halves. Fabric is the same, its just OD green shelter half that was washed few times to give it a weathered look. My Fett cape looks just like that and I made it from a old half that I used to use.

• Like 1

I'm convinced these are made out of shelter halves. Fabric is the same, its just OD green shelter half that was washed few times to give it a weathered look. My Fett cape looks just like that and I made it from a old half that I used to use.

Pogo! Are you doing one of these? If so, I'm sure it'll be pretty awesome. Your Fett is one of the best I've seen. :)

Glyn Dillon told us they where not of the shelf and each where made.

I might be Jim. The wife is more interested then I am.

I stand corrected that its a shelter half. Although shelter halfs are made of light canvas.

I would say they had one and then copyed it and changed it slightly for their own look and not done under copyright

To put my two cents into this chat, I worked with the originals from the movie and had access to the London celebration kits. The material is a light black nylon with a black eyelet on the corner to keep it from blowing away too much. It looks like its canvas but that's all done through weathering. They did a LOT of airbrush work for the weathered look.

However, if you want a canvas look I do have canvas in stock and can make a canvas form of the kama. It would be a dark dark brown.

Hope this helps you guys in your debate.

-Tony

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1