Kashyyyk Scout... a newcomer for real

bib

Hello fellow swamp warriors out there Im an Endor TK and like a really new guy here on Pathfinders...

Me and one of my fellow garrison member are going to start the KT build, we just ordered 2 kits from Bikerchick (more like just paypaled her) and digging up all the information we can!

Despite we have found tons of info here, we are still in a state of lost... for what we know the gloves can be a pain... cummerbund requires a long wait... and the camo undershirts! Damn!! Tons of questions coming :unsure:

Anywayz, I will try my best to record the progress of our builds here cuz Kashyyyk Trooper is like a badass character and we will try to make it perfect! :D

Baby steps man. Baby steps.

I was (and honestly still am) overwhelmed by this project too since I have no natural skill or trade experience to lean on. The information is here to help you do it. If it's not, just ask. I have nothing but great things to say about the advice and insight I have received here. I'm as noobish as they get, and I'm not far from being done with mine.

Good luck!

TXBolt

• Like 1

It's honestly exciting seeing a lot of new interest for Kashyyyk troopers, a very cool costume and something I know we would love to see more representation of. Good luck, wish I could be more helpful :P

• Like 1

Thank you for all your kind words.. :) :)

My hunt for the bits has begun! As I have posted in the soft armor section, the cummerbund and pouches are really pain to make...

and I was directed to one maker and there's a looooong wait ahead, but I can live with that!!

The other thing is the camo shirts and trousers! I realize the British Army DPM is an easy find but modding them is another thing... First I need the source for riding patches, and then the correct type of shirt. TBH, there are tons of shrits ( Goretex..Windproof Smock... or standard shirt) and Im not sure which is the right one... :rolleyes: And for what I know most of you out there got Turtleneck with velcros... so yea.. helps needed already lol..

Bro you can also talk to Chris Hale from the Jawa Chop Shop for pouches + gloves:https://www.facebook.com/chris.hale.503?fref=ts

• Like 1

I just read the posts made by Grumpy before (shame he doesnt make em now :( ) and planning to do the same mod as him!

Leathers are inexpensive and easy to buy over here so wont be a big problem!

Yeah, sorry that I don't make them anymore. I just got burnt out on it.

Chris Hale (gasmonkey) is the one to go to for gloves and pouches.

Bikerchick for the armor.

Boots...most people have used tan military desert boots and then modified the soles and the arches.

For the shirt and pants...British Desert DPM's yes, but try to find the "cotton" sets. Don't get the "rip-stop" style. It doesn't take the dye all that well. So..."cotton is good" and "rip-stop is bad."

Plus, there's the removal of the outside pockets from the shirt and pants, and then making the thigh pouches...and the mandarin style collar closure at the top of the shirt, and then dyeing them...whew!

I'll check in here and there to see how your progress is going. If you have any other questions, I'll do my best to help you.

Cheers!

• Like 1

Yeah, sorry that I don't make them anymore. I just got burnt out on it.

Chris Hale (gasmonkey) is the one to go to for gloves and pouches.

Bikerchick for the armor.

Boots...most people have used tan military desert boots and then modified the soles and the arches.

For the shirt and pants...British Desert DPM's yes, but try to find the "cotton" sets. Don't get the "rip-stop" style. It doesn't take the dye all that well. So..."cotton is good" and "rip-stop is bad."

Plus, there's the removal of the outside pockets from the shirt and pants, and then making the thigh pouches...and the mandarin style collar closure at the top of the shirt, and then dyeing them...whew!

I'll check in here and there to see how your progress is going. If you have any other questions, I'll do my best to help you.

Cheers!

Reli jealous of those who have your gloves and stuffs...but I understand haha!! Thank you for looking after me!! Ill try ny best to update my progress here!!

2 sets of Bikerchick armors ordered already and will ship by Monday! No pressure lol!

Ordered 2 pairs of these gloves and I think Ill try my best to mod em into the correct thing! Leather somehow is cheap and easy to come by over here so itll be an easy fix with ur past posts!!

658872fc9addef21c512dffde42799e9.jpg

For the undersuit mod and cummerbund.. I somehow got lucky that one of my friend is the owner of an army surplus store over here.. we just talked about it today and he expressed his interests in constructing one with the pouches hurray!! Guess I needa get as much info as I can for the cummerbund and pouches!

For the boots I think Imma order from Crow6 cuz it seems like no one else is making the most accurate KC soles... there will be a 3weeks wait but will do!

c7574d80f71b75c33d93180a96a59ec4.png79a3af9ffc7b9a3ed6fbea880b3dcd19.jpg

These are the camo clothes I ordered... Cotton for sure, at a great price hope they will do!

As long as they come from the same place, they should be okay.

(Same source would mean same material...hopefully.)

Crow does make good boots. The soles he does are accurate. However, see what colors he has them in.

They should be tan with tan soles. If they aren't those colors, you might need to paint them. That shouldn't be too much trouble.

• Like 1

And the large pockets that are on the outside of the pants are great to re-use (With slight modifications...) for the thigh pouches. All of the outside pockets should be removed from the shirt. (Some of them you don't see due to the cummerbund and armor, but why not?

) ;)

• Like 1

Ill be sure to keep that in mind..! The clothes shld arrive any minute now!

Im struggling to find any boot source that looks the best to replace the KC in the same time...

aa1f38fbb032351396547951a0796883.jpg

This is the closest I can find, what do you guys think?abc705fdf0584e2e47693b276e5d4bca.jpg

Not bad, when you modify the sole, but concerned on the height. (The ankle area.)

When you have the shin on, it might not come down far enough to cover the top of the shoe. (In the back near the ankle)

It will sit differently depending on the build of the person, but since it's not a boot, the shin might not go down all the way. And sometimes the shins sit in an odd way on the top part of the shoe. (The lace area.)

• Like 1

Just got the tracking that the kits are arriving these two days... cant be more excited, and intimidated!!

Some extremely-nooby question first.. About Bondo..(srsly what the heck is this?)

I originally have some Elmer's Wood Filler, do they have the same function?

7a9842564867aef098b778868d1c65a4.jpg

Ordered this guy and it takes some time to arrive.. is this event the right thing? Ive seen gold filler..fiberglass filler...

2926a4074756299c0c36cb9bd586bd5d.png

duh! Not to mention I dont even know how to use em yet!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bondo is good. Wood filler will not work.

Bondo is used for automotive body repairs.

Like when you attach the tank to the back plate, it will act as a filler for the seam.

Once you have the amount you need to fill the crack/ seam, let it harden and then sand it down to a smooth connection.

**If you know any Clone Troopers, perhaps they can show you. They had to have used it to make their shins, thighs, and biceps seamless.**

You will use bondo when you make your back tank, shins and biceps.

• Like 1

Bondo is good. Wood filler will not work.

Bondo is used for automotive body repairs.

Like when you attach the tank to the back plate, it will act as a filler for the seam.

Once you have the amount you need to fill the crack/ seam, let it harden and then sand it down to a smooth connection.

**If you know any Clone Troopers, perhaps they can show you. They had to have used it to make their shins, thighs, and biceps seamless.**

You will use bondo when you make your back tank, shins and biceps.

Saw some tutorial vids for bondo, seems like easy.. still interesting! :P Thanks Grumpy!

Package made it to my Country right about time...Got my camo clothes ready for changing!d3c01026148032c48ff23f5c675732fb.jpg

And.... The Big Brown Box of happiness... I mean swampiness.. Arrives!!

4996633dbe6a9cad96ecbd492f04c632.jpgbb6cc779662b3d9c160ed8cbbf58eefd.jpg1fd2923d868e92f9c346128632cdd111.jpg

08787ffff6627dd141fc5f8ede8d0513.jpg

c25fb7f4184c88a9e23e95540d902097.jpg

Thanks to the kit from bikerchick,everything is in great shapeToo late in the night to start trimming, have to wait till tmr to start the cutting

FYI on the Bondo...

Use small batches when you mix

It hardens up fast, so have a plan for what you are going to do before mixing

and DO NOT cake it on thick... you will hate hate hate all the sanding that you have to do.

If you want to see what too think looks like... check out my progress thread. I screwed up bad... fixable bad... but a lot more work than I had to do.

GOOD LUCK!

TXBF

• Like 1

5436bdc2f3f66d7a95e2eea9d08e82ea.jpgf00dced3ee93784e973fb939dd0eccb2.jpg

Juz did some colour matching for the camo today...

and this..156c38170626f2ac8feaeb566d694097.jpg

Actually how did you guys mark the tank plate in the correct size?... Its so confusing and I cant get the right size at all..

"Actually how did you guys mark the tank plate in the correct size?... Its so confusing and I cant get the right size at all."

What I did was just measure the cut out like you have above... then I made the inside shape about 1/4 cm smaller than my drawing. I then filed away the difference until my tank cap fit. It was a little more time consuming, but it was better than cutting too large and having to fill it with Bondo or whatever.

• Like 1

Time to get off my butt and do some real work...!!!

Start with the shoulder...

468ef3a07ce65fd431416c1be1324aff.jpg

ebcee0adcdb8dd06e9ef7877d76d3f5b.jpg29d3443b6aaa8c29e2afeb75bb9d65e8.jpg

And... yes. I am going to experiment on my shoulder with some bondo..

5d50ad66c48b153d96f09ce9bf8810df.jpg

9e10f45bb1ccbc5ba45dcb51dbdb4499.jpg

smear..smear...Quite interesting to use but it does smell... a lot

4e824fb77740e4f54d76971287a3377b.jpg

a3ce63f59139909ec359c71d1a6d9bad.jpg

31715151913257e893098005e48642b0.jpg

After some much sanding and it really works like magic!!!b5665bd00baf1583bf0f98bab5312550.jpg

Chest piece using ultrasonic cutter... yes its late night and dremel is forbidden..0d456b67782a91296bf040505073ac3f.jpg

And... whoosh! I guess thats all for tonight or Im gonna collapse..

1900909f19532c26bfbb864633a348f0.jpg

Ahhh yes the days of building armor when you look at the clock and then say "I'll just work on this piece a little then hit the hay" and then you look over and the sun's coming up.....It's looking great keep it up!

• Like 2