BikerScout007's RS Props Helmet

Thanks for sharing bro!

No prob! Hope to get a few more comparison pics up soon

I'm actually planning on shooting a big unboxing/review/comparison video when I get mine in. I have a buddy who will let me use his weathered RS helmet to compare with the clean as well. I personally have a CB bucket and know some guys with other maker's helmets. The only one I can't compare in the video is LW. Should be a pretty comprehensive video!

• Like 1

Does anyone want to post their LW bucket? I'll take it if you do. :)

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

Not yet. ;) But there is already a line up for it. Though it is fan made, it is so beautiful and close tho the screen used, that I totally understand its appeal for both collectors and BSN members alike.

PS. Not sure what is going on, but I don't receive email notifications of new posts in the threads I follow. And this is happening in the Armored Cavalry board too, seems it is the same type of forum - having no issues with other forums.

• Like 2

Mickey, you realize that now you have to update your banner to reflect your RS right? You too Daniel when it comes in! ;)

• Like 1

Mickey, you realize that now you have to update your banner to reflect your RS right? You too Daniel when it comes in! ;)

Yup! I'll have to book a new photo shoot. Gonna need new trading card pics too!

• Like 1

And here's what it looks like with the rest of my suit. Proportionally, I think it looks perfect. Just for reference, I am 6 feet tall.

Sorry for being so disheveled, this was at the end of a long day of trooping:

13012686_10207982172084933_8351834702925122696_n_zpsemrlnqy1.jpg

• Like 5

Yeah I'm going to have to dock you for the right forearm armor being too high ;)

That RS lid looks great! What's even better is trooping it. I hope you and the folks there had a great time!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

From another troop, but here you can see the difference between the RS Props and Altmann's

13177137_10208055527038761_3773878844979283664_n_zps51wc41uh.jpg

From another troop, but here you can see the difference between the RS Props and Altmann's

BIG difference... NICE!!!

Although I will never stop loving my Altmann lids.

Still can't wait to get my RS - that I should have already received (Wave 2... hello???!!!)

LOL

\m/

• Like 1

And here's what it looks like with the rest of my suit. Proportionally, I think it looks perfect. Just for reference, I am 6 feet tall.

Sorry for being so disheveled, this was at the end of a long day of trooping:

13012686_10207982172084933_8351834702925122696_n_zpsemrlnqy1.jpg

Looks great! I'm six feet tall ass well, did you have to do any trimming on your SC armor? It looks really well proportioned!

SC armor is really great

No not much trimming. Sanding down the rough edges so as not to get armor bites. Oh and I lopped about an inch and a half off the shoulder bells because SC bells are too long.

I'm actually planning on shooting a big unboxing/review/comparison video when I get mine in. I have a buddy who will let me use his weathered RS helmet to compare with the clean as well. I personally have a CB bucket and know some guys with other maker's helmets. The only one I can't compare in the video is LW. Should be a pretty comprehensive video!

That would be so cool. Hope this is still happening.

That would be so cool. Hope this is still happening.

Definitely still on the to do list! As soon as I get my RS bucket (I'm in wave 3....so it'll be a little while yet) I'm going to get started on it. :D

\m/

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
The RS helmet looks great, I like how it has more of an elongated look, it makes the face look slimmer and the eyes look meaner ^_^

Looking at the pictures I definitely agree. Great looking bucket. I'll have to put in an order whenever they start taking them again. And just try to forget that I ordered it for a year or two lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Well I couldn't deal with the hard hat liner anymore so I took it out and replaced it with these helmet pads:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00P1G9U2W/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

My first test of the new setup was a 4 hours troop in very hot Los Angeles weather. It was great. Didn't bobble around and was so comfortable I forgot I was wearing the bucket. Could have gone another 3 hours. Of course I would have passed out from the heat long before that!

Here's how I arrayed it inside of the RS Props lid:

13646951_10208754503392733_211401893_o_zpscfpltsm5.jpg

• Like 4

Just a view of the "gap". My original side view shots were taken with the helmet resting on a table, so it wasn't closed all the way. Here it is on the stand:

20160809_221207_zpsglhr17vp.jpg

And compare with the screen scout:

ROTJ-pouchesandshoulderbell_zps1c365eae.png

• Like 1