Lancer pistol standards

bugdozer

This is from the 501st CRL page:

• The scope has lens discs cut into the scope for a more realistic appearance.
  • No decals representing cross hairs or similar.

I'm not sure what it means by "lens discs" - can anyone explain what it means? Does it mean actual glass lenses?

• Like 1

This is from the 501st CRL page:

• The scope has lens discs cut into the scope for a more realistic appearance.
  • No decals representing cross hairs or similar.

I'm not sure what it means by "lens discs" - can anyone explain what it means? Does it mean actual glass lenses?

I honestly think that needs to be updated. I have not seen a Lancer approved with that spec in some time. Most folks use a Hyperfirm or other screen-like blaster "as-is", which passes just fine. Best option is to send a PM to Marcel (4505Marcel) or Chex and see what they have to say about it. They handle the Lancer approvals.

I added some old binocular lenses to both sides of the scope on my Hyperfirm blaster. I tore into a old set of small Tasco binoculars I picked up for about 15 bucks about 10 years ago from Bass Pro. They were not very good binoculars so I didn't feel too bad about destroying them!

I drilled a hole all the way through the center of the scope and then inserted small diameter (about 5/16" O.D. as I remember) into the hole, leaving room at the ends for the lenses. I then reamed out the end of the scope housing using a rotary tool and a round file to make room for the lenses. The lenses were of different diameter with the larger diameter in the back and the smaller diameter in the front (rear lense is roughly 7/8" in diameter and the front lense is about 5/8"). I inserted the lenses into place where they are held in place by friction alone. They can be pried out if necessary, but they're not going anywhere! I didn't want to glue in place to prevent glue from obscuring the lenses once installed.

You can see some distorted images through the small opening, but there's a lot of glare from the reflection of the light on the aluminum surface of the tube. It looks similar to looking down the barrel of a pistol or rifle into the light. I think it looks pretty good. I did it to try to be in compliance with Lancer standards when I get my TB costume completed.

I also drilled out the center of the barrel. The heat of the drill slightly distorted the barrel opening so I cut a 1/8" piece of the same 5/16" tubing to restore the original shape. I painted it black but some of the paint has worn off and it gives, what I think, is a real authentic look to the business end of the blaster!

post-78064-0-85615300-1453258863_thumb.jpgpost-78064-0-55433900-1453258865_thumb.jpgpost-78064-0-76443100-1453258866_thumb.jpgpost-78064-0-98283200-1453258868_thumb.jpg

post-78064-0-45283400-1453260076_thumb.jpg

I took" lens disks" to mean the rings inside the back of the scope. It doesn't say "LENS cut into the scope." This is not the best pic but you can see the rings. This is a DVH B grade blaster that was approved Lancer. I also have a Hyperfirm that has the same rings/disks... Thingys. Idk

28108668-8F60-4F65-AAB5-600C33329988_zpsppz3gsp3.jpg

The screen used blasters did not have any 'glass' or lens type stuff in them to simulate a reticle.

It's not needed.

ScoutBlaster1.jpg

As long as it is the correct size (and not the hasbro/recast of) and doesn't have a trigger, with the correct detailing (*so it looks like a hold out blaster... you know what I mean) then it should be fine.

• Like 6

The screen used blasters did not have any 'glass' or lens type stuff in them to simulate a reticle.

It's not needed.

ScoutBlaster1.jpg

As long as it is the correct size (and not the hasbro/recast of) and doesn't have a trigger, with the correct detailing (*so it looks like a hold out blaster... you know what I mean) then it should be fine.

Thanks Chef.

• 5 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...