Lens "vent"

Rwg86

Hello!

As I continue to work on BC's KT bucket, I noticed something on the 501st website. Right above the lens is a segmented "vent" which runs the length of the lens.

800px-Kashyyyk_Helmet.jpg

BC's bucket kit has no indentation to show where it goes and it seems to be a lot more sloped than the 501st reference pic. I feel very uncomfortable making a "cold" incision into the helmet with no point of reference. The gap between the vent and lens is extremely thin and I don't want to compromise the integrity of the helm.

I checked with our local Garrison commander and he mentioned that none of the screencaps that he has show the vent. I've also seen some 41st costumes that don't include the vent either but I also want to ensure that the bucket is accurate. Does anyone have any tips or suggestions? That small margin of error makes me nervous.

It´s not to be shaved/cut off. It´s not in the CRL anymore.

• 2 weeks later...

That helmet that is actually my son's helmet. (Used for the CRL reference pictures.)

That is a Mr.Bungle version.

That was how he saw the helmet then, based on the very few references that were available six years ago.

His style should still be accepted, but you don't have to do that to your helmet.

Mr.Bungle's helmet was also a little larger than the PGHFett/ Bikerchick version.

It is not required to have those three little vents above the lens.

Bikerchick's is the current proper version. B)

• Like 1