Flight suit, butt flap and thigh suede

fil5117

There seem to be a number of dead links here.

I've recently assembled a biker scout costume for my girlfriend which has passed basic clearance. I'd like to revise it, with regards to achieving Lancer status. Whilst at it I wish to create a second jump suit, as a spare for multi day troops. With an eye to higher accuracy can someone please comment and indicate the proportions for the butt flap and thigh suede, and the position of the elastic. Or post a pic of an ideal previously cleared lancer. I believe our current butt flap is too narrow, and I'm not sure the existing elastic is in the right place.

Many thanks

Phil

Width of the mud flap & riding patch all depends on the size of the person. My "suede" is larger than my wifes. Are you using a converted work coverall? If so, then its easy. Make it as wide as the 2 seams than run down the back to the waist & go 1" longer for the length, for the riding patch i used the same pattern for all my suits i made. But I have seen some with larger patches. For the theigh elastic, If you spread out the jumpsuit flat with the legs wide open. There is the main seam down the middle. You will want to go down 2" on each side. This will give you the perfect height. If your going for Lancer, you will want to take in each leg about 2". This will snug up for Lancer Specs. Since you wanna go Lancer you will need 2.5 guage or smaller pig suede. This can be sewn at home with a normal machine. I made several of the basic & Lancer Spec suits for the guys & girls here. If you need help send me a PM & i can walk you through it.

I couldn'd find my Biker Scout pics, but here a few I made of the Snow Scout. Same thing, just in white. Everything looks low, but once the cummberbund is on it pulls everything up to propper height. The last pic is me wearing my suit with the directions I gave you.

ss3_zps1ef8827a.jpg

ss2_zpsaebb1a58.jpg

downloadjpg1_zps6ef8b813.jpg

Hi Phil,

Typically, the mudflap should be waist-wide and extend down to the bottom of the butt (more or less).

The riding patch(es) typically end about 4" above the knee. As for shape, if you check out the Gallery, you can see some of the screen-used suits and what they look like. Ideally, the front edge of the patch comes around to the top of the thigh (photos illustrate this better).

The 2" elastic should be mid-thigh, or slightly above and should not be loose or hanging. When worn, the elastic should be just a bit snug.

Hope this helps you out. ;)

There seem to be a number of dead links here.

I've recently assembled a biker scout costume for my girlfriend which has passed basic clearance. I'd like to revise it, with regards to achieving Lancer status. Whilst at it I wish to create a second jump suit, as a spare for multi day troops. With an eye to higher accuracy can someone please comment and indicate the proportions for the butt flap and thigh suede, and the position of the elastic. Or post a pic of an ideal previously cleared lancer. I believe our current butt flap is too narrow, and I'm not sure the existing elastic is in the right place.

Many thanks

Phil

Dead links? If you tell me where they are located, I'll remove them.

Thanks guys the butt flap pictured is considerably wider than our existing one. I understand the size will be different but, this is what I was after - the proportions. Thanks.

Dead links, on the first page in all but one of the pictures (I don't know I'm new here and I cause trouble in my first post ;) )

http://forum.bikerscout.net/index.php?showtopic=4450

Thanks guys the butt flap pictured is considerably wider than our existing one. I understand the size will be different but, this is what I was after - the proportions. Thanks.

Dead links, on the first page in all but one of the pictures (I don't know I'm new here and I cause trouble in my first post ;) )

http://forum.bikersc...?showtopic=4450

No worries. That topic is really old and the it looks like some of the member images were removed. Unfortunately, the images are hosted offsite and not on this forum.

Phil,

I usually use a proportion of 12"x9" on my butt flaps. Obviously Jo is a bit narrower than I, so just sort of scale accordingly. It should end just below the bum-line.

The top of the Thigh elastics are level with the crotch.

scout-front-chronicles.jpg

Bad picture, as the butt flap is almost impossible to see.

scout-back-leftside-chronicles.jpg