Mudflap

Witness

Cannot find this answered elsewhere (probably not looking hard enough) so I will ask here. I have been looking at all the pictures of people with mudflaps, the film stills and other photos and still cannot tell. The mudflap is a single piece of black suede material and is attached on the backside of the undersuit. Is the mudflap attached only at the top leaving it loose on the sides and bottom? or attached all around like a butt pad? or other?

• Like 1

The MUDFLAP is just a heavy piece of black suede the hangs over your butt to just cover it. It shold only just cover your butt and not come around tyhe sides or hang to low. Also the cod straps comes up and over it in the back. We take the mud flap and sew velcro on to it on the one end and sew the other part pf the velcro on to the bottom back side of the cummberbund so you can remove it to wash your vest/cumberbund set with out washing the flap and making gray to fast. This works very well for the flap.

• Like 1

Do you guys use real black suede for the mud flap and inner thigh pieces? Or is it the faux suede man made, if its the real stuff is it sewable on a normal machine?

Real suede is just the inside of the leather isnt it? How does it cope in the washing machine? Good idea about the bud flap being removable ghose, but I would think its a bit more difficult to do with the thigh pieces?

Cheers ;)

I used faux suede for mine that I got in the upholstery fabric department at JoAnns fabrics. I don't think I would use velcro for the thigh patches. I don't think you could get it to lay flat enough and it would be easier to snag on something and pull away.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
does anybody know what is the recomended measurement of the mudflap is (length X width)?

It should attach at the waistline, be the width of your shoulder blades, and hang down far enough to just cover the rear. A good generic measurement would be 14" wide by about 10" long.

Hope this helps. :D

• Like 3

• 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Just a quick note... I picked up the Episode IV, V, VI box set on DVD today and I was looking for evidence of this mudflap. There's one shot that illustrates perfectly how one biker had it. It looked like it actually came down about half-way down his arse, not the entire length. I also noticed a few other shots (looking at it frame-by-frame) that seemed to support this half-flap theory.

I feel kinda weird saying this all, since it means I was intentionally looking at some dude's rear-end. :P

So having said that, would the length be an issue for future Lancer hopefuls? Or is it all about just having the mudflap, period?

• 1 month later...
Guest oblagon
Just a quick note... I picked up the Episode IV, V, VI box set on DVD today and I was looking for evidence of this mudflap. There's one shot that illustrates perfectly how one biker had it. It looked like it actually came down about half-way down his arse, not the entire length. I also noticed a few other shots (looking at it frame-by-frame) that seemed to support this half-flap theory.

I feel kinda weird saying this all, since it means I was intentionally looking at some dude's rear-end. :P

So having said that, would the length be an issue for future Lancer hopefuls? Or is it all about just having the mudflap, period?

I noticed the same thing while I was watching ROTJ, so you're not the only one staring at Biker rear-ends. :P

My mudflap ends just at the base of my butt, although when I have all the gear/armor on it tends to ride up about half-way resembling what we saw onscreen.

So due to my experience, I think the mudflaps where in fact made full length and then due to the armor and strapping the flap would ride up.

• 2 months later...

I would agree, plus the fact of being on a speeder bike and leaning forward to operate the hand controls, all aspects would make the flap ride up. So I would have to say that the result is still standard full buttflap status lol. Just my opinion on the situation.

• 7 months later...
Guest ladyscout1979

Wow never even thought of this on the flight suit can anyone put a photo of there costume up,I'm not going to say the A word :blink::lol: also the suede around that area that is sewn on under the flap cheers guys ;)

• 10 months later...

If anyone could post a pic or Two of their suede ass (yes, I actually typed that....)

& inner thigh's i'd really appreciate it.

I'm looking to finish my suit this week & am unsure on one or two points.

• Like 1