Yet another KT build [UK]

Imrageth

I decided to slowly start working on a Kashyyyk trooper so that I can hide my face behind a mask in Anaheim AND be able to actually take the costume on plane!

Anyway, I have already bought some parts but the main part which is armour kit will be ordered on the 21st (pay day for me lol).

I have done all the modifications to soft parts.. well except a little mod to the pocket. Trousers are drying after dying them black last night. I am going to dye them brown today. And I will try not to dye my hand like I did yesterday... it went all black despite I had rubber gloves on.

10656406_819814568050396_1193212753_n_zpsfe213b21.jpg

zdj1190cie_zps3fe20a95.jpg

Pants are looking good. Only issue is that I would have probably dyed everything at the same time to make sure that they match. They are a little blackish but adding another brown and then drying should make them look perfect.

Similar to these...

MattspantsCB-4312.jpg

Plus, the dye colors will vary with each build.

Looking good!

Cheers!

upper one too much grey i would say ,bottom is similiar to mine though as mine it could be too yellow i think i filtered mine with green ,ideal would be mix of those both and a bit green i think ;)

After all day of research I finally found 'Desert tan' in the UK.

http://www.humbrol.com/237-desert-tan-matt-150ml-acrylic-spray-paint.html

I hope this will be good enough.

As for the olive green which is recommended, I couldn't find the exact one on humbrol's website.

Will this one be good enough?

http://www.humbrol.com/155-olive-drab-matt-14ml-enamel-paint.html

Humbrol Desert Tan for the base looks good.

The Humbrol green looks good for the olive camo "splotches."

Now, you have to pick a brown. B)

Agreed with Grumps. If there are any others in your Garrison I would check with what they used as well. You then would match and also they already got past the dreaded costume approval! Also, I went the spray route. I made temples of cutouts in some abs sheets and just kept changing them up. Honestly though, I wished I had done the sponge technique with the latex paint like most others have done. Mine looks alright but the shapes are a bit too sharp in retrospect.

More questions. Which fabric to choose for pouches - I will try to make my own pouches and see how it goes. Multicam or a Tacs FG? Both are recommended but I think that A Tacs looks more natural if you can describe camo in such way..

Multicam (cordura 500D) (actually I think it looks better on the reverse side):

$_57.JPG

ATacs (cordura 500d)

$_57.JPG

Roman consult with our GML's about pouches ,when i talked with em they said multicam will be no approved ,so better check before You buy fabrics,i would say that green you showed can be a bit too dark but maybe will be ok You will have other camo base than i used so other colours could suit better on Your pattern.Yet about multicam,multicam need be misted to be approved from what i heard while i used atacs orginal fabric w/o any fixes.

GML's need to read the CRL's. :rolleyes: (Not base it on their own opinion.) My to cents worth..."just sayin'..."

However, I do like that Sniper's have their own spray paint... ;)

Pattern if the cummerbund looks good man. It may be the lighting but the base fabric looks a bit dark. I would check with your GML to see if it will be accepted as is. I had to do the same and change my base fabric for the same reason.

And you may be right. Lighting always plays tricks with the colors. I would contact your GML though and keep him posted. I kept mine out of the loop until I was completely done and it was even more aggravating at that point to go back and fix things cause I was done in my mind! What works for one Garrison may not work for all, just depends on that specific officer.

Looking great man. When that box of hard parts comes in, feels like a daunting task and wave of panic rolls through, but in all, it was a pretty easy armor to work with.

Thanks! That was relatively easy.. Now the pouches lol

I am thinking of using heavy duty snaps to attach them to cummerbund. Do you think it's the right way? My sewing machine doesn't like this thick fabric so I would prefer to limit sewing to a minimum if that's possible

I got a set of Grumpy made pouches, which came with Velcro on the backs, because he doesn't skimp on his product. I did put Velcro on my cummerbund as well but I am also going back and adding snaps. Originally I was taking off the pouches after each troop but now I just leave them on. From taking them on and off the Velcro is starting to pull away so I threw some snaps on there for extra support. Besides, I also worry about just losing a few along the way at a troop. If I picked one, it would be the Velcro because they would lay more flat on the cummerbund. If I had my choice, I would do Velcro and them one or two snaps as well in the middle of the Velcro. Except for the 2 back pieces since you will have to take those off every time you get in and out.