Color question #100

So, as part of my planning I'm checking out what paints I can find locally. Since sending spray paints via mail is a big no-no, it can be a hassle to find the right products.

I think however than I can get some Montana colours, so I checked out their color charts and picked, what I believe, some colours that could work. So, if anyone could give their input I would really appreciate it. I have 4 different base colours to choose from, and then 3 browns, and two greens.

th_8110_all_zpsad9b9578.png

th_8020_all_zpsfcd6fe76.png

th_8000_all_zps6dd6cc55.png

th_6610_all_zpsd51ee8e3.png

Base color: It's between #1 & #2. They both look good. #3 is too light, and #4 has a green tint to it. (From what I see on my computer screen.)

Brown: The center color looks good. The first brown could also be used in some of the "less shadowy" areas. Possibly mix the two...maybe.

Green: The second shade of green looks good. Not too olive and not too dark.

Weathering will give a faded and battle-work look as well.

Paint colors are always hard to deal with, since the colors are all made by different manufacturers around the world. So, it's more of a "it-needs-to-look-as-similar-as-possible-to-this" kind of thing.

Welcome to the Kashyyyk madness! :blink:

• 3 months later...

1st tan should work but i think the 2nd Tan looks off to much, The 3rd Tan looks the best i think

The Brown looks too dark, I ended up doing a custom brown, went with a pig skin brown and added black untill I had it right.

The 3rd green looks great compared the the screen caps I have though.

1st tan should work but i think the 2nd Tan looks off to much, The 3rd Tan looks the best i think

The Brown looks too dark, I ended up doing a custom brown, went with a pig skin brown and added black untill I had it right.

The 3rd green looks great compared the the screen caps I have though.

Yep agree marsh grass looks best for base,about that green its weird so that3rd and 2nd are the same type of colour,both are ddr green but they looks diferent,ive found good shop where they mix carpaints,so when i have samples i try mix sumfin,they also fill spray cans so would be great have at least tan in spray.