(Possible) New Kashyyyk

Southscout

So, after months of staggering back and forth between different detachment to decide which my next costume should be, I have come to the conclusion that it should be a Kashyyyk. :)

I'm trying to read up on everything now and following the current build threads. It seems a "bit" more complicated than a biker scout, but I hope I'll manage.

I however have some questions which I hope you fellas can help me with. :)

I will probably get my armor from bikerchick, seems to be a couple of kits still out there. The undersuit and boots can probably be found as well, especially now since CROW62 seems to back in from the cold. And a blaster seems easy enough to find (maybe Woodchuck?). Fabric for the cummerbund seems also relatively easy to find.

But the rest is puzzling me...

First, the gloves

- is the only option to make them yourself?

- are the greebs supplied by Bikerchick, or do I need to source them from some other place?

Pouches:

- is Grumpy still making these?

Cod piece:

- I saw in the CRL discussions that it should be fabric covered. Is there any reason for this, since to me it looks like the rest of the armor.

Anything I forgotten?

No, it seems you have everything in order...

The ONLY greeb you will need to track down yourself (that's not included in BC's armor) is going to be the glove greeb (x 2 of course)

Everything else is included.

There was a great man that has made gloves for us undeserving hatchlings, but this person sometimes takes a break from making them from time to time. But I believe he is still making the pouches yes.

I have WoodChuck's DC-L Rifle and the workmanship is second to none... I your going with *any* type of weapon I suggest you check him out first (the price is well worth the quality)

As for the crouch piece... I'm not entirely sure why it's cloth covered either, something to ask and bring up with the senior guys.

This is the first armor I've attempted to make and it's been a blast, I love it... But yes it seems it might be a bit tougher than some other builds.

Oh yeah and welcome to our neck of the woods!

Hey Patrik,

First...welcome to the Swamp area of the Pathfinders.

Glad that you chose the Kashyyyk. It's an interesting build, to say the least.

The old camo veterans and the shiny new builders (You guys are doing great!) will help you with whatever we can.

Pouches: Yup, I still make them.

Gloves: Yep, you can make them yourself or have someone make them for you.

Glove gauntlet greeblies: Check with BikerChick...she might make them and have them with the kit now.

Cheers until later,

Matt (Grumpy :angry2: )

You'll love the build! After doing a tusken and a TD, there is nothing bad I can say about this build. The small few who are kashyyyk are greatly helpful with answering any questions you may have. I have to say, this costume combines freedom of movement with a great filed of vision. You can't see squat in a tusken!

The only things you will need to buy on your own are the materials for the cummerbund, some Velcro, snaps (if you want them), and you'll have to figure out how to paint the lines under the eyes. That is the only decal that doesn't come in the kit.

Please feel free to ask away. Recon and I have threads going on the same kit you are looking at, so check them out.

Also, after being so long in the swamp now, I'm having a much greater appreciation for banjo music.....interesting.......