Has anyone removed glove liner?

With my excitement to get my gloves ready, I'm probably going to do the liner this weekend. I'll go slow and try to take some pictures. They're SA and fit perfect right now but in South Florida they're going to be crazy warm I would think. I'm going to purchase a nice cotton glove to wear underneath.

Here's what I did this weekend. I feel that it worked well for me. The gloves fit fine originally but I think it adds a bit more room if you're in between sizes.

There's three layers inside the gloves. The thin black fabric, the grey foam, and then the outer leather glove. The foam is attached to the black liner and separates very easy. The liner fingers come right out of the leather ones and are only attached by the end of the gauntlet and the V cut. By making the incision along the seam, the glove was easily turned inside out to take out the foam. The hardest part was getting the liner set back inside the fingers. Wasn't really that bad though. Hope this helps.

7afcb12f28eed75796efbcfeb7faeb9f.jpg

e8709af4b7e226546637a73d6b1cf41e.jpg

• Like 1

• 10 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I made my gloves without liner and padding and adjusted. Fits like a pilot gloves. Really comfortable and no lost the sensitivity when you take things.

hmmm just got sa gloves, and am seriously considering removing the liner.

Mine also had a hidden zipper, and in each pocket there was a mitten made out of lining fabric. Anybody have any clue why or what?

Some motorcycle gloves come with a protective cover for riding when it rains. My cover was a waterproof material inside the pocket so I assumed that was what it was for. So now I can ride my speeder in the rain.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Removed my liners today. Super easy. The liners were only attached at the cuff. 1. Turn gloves inside out (the hardest part but not too bad) 2. Cut into both the black and gray layers at the cuff. 3. Using a sharp blade, continue cutting (through both laters) around the edge of the cuff and the "V-shaped" panel on the top of the Agilent portion of the glove. 4. Grasp both layers of liner and pull toward the fingers (the liner will pull off just like, dare I say it.... A glove. 5. Turn the glove right side out again ( much easier task once the liner is out!)

As expected, it does fit a bit looser with liner removed. I plan to wear a cotton glove liner inside for to absorp perspiration. It should snug up the fit just right!

• 8 years later...
On 4/16/2013 at 11:09 AM, jyjellyfish77 said:

Here's what I did this weekend. I feel that it worked well for me. The gloves fit fine originally but I think it adds a bit more room if you're in between sizes.

There's three layers inside the gloves. The thin black fabric, the grey foam, and then the outer leather glove. The foam is attached to the black liner and separates very easy. The liner fingers come right out of the leather ones and are only attached by the end of the gauntlet and the V cut. By making the incision along the seam, the glove was easily turned inside out to take out the foam. The hardest part was getting the liner set back inside the fingers. Wasn't really that bad though. Hope this helps.

7afcb12f28eed75796efbcfeb7faeb9f.jpg

e8709af4b7e226546637a73d6b1cf41e.jpg

What brand of gloves are those? Do you think it would be the same process for WampaWear Gloves? Thanks

FYI, that post is from 2013 and the user hasn't visited the forums since 2023.

According to their build thread, the gloves are from Sith Armory, which aren't available anymore as far as I know. That said, I believe the process would be the same or similar for Wampa Wear gloves. You can always make a small, unnoticeable cut in the lining to check if you can pull the rest of it out.

46 minutes ago, Micahman6525 said:

What brand of gloves are those? Do you think it would be the same process for WampaWear Gloves? Thanks

Go for it! As mentioned below, they are with armory but WW are pretty much the exact same. It makes them so much nicer. Fun project and my gloves are still working to this day.

41 minutes ago, Chopper said:

FYI, that post is from 2013 and the user hasn't visited the forums since 2023.

According to their build thread, the gloves are from Sith Armory, which aren't available anymore as far as I know. That said, I believe the process would be the same or similar for Wampa Wear gloves. You can always make a small, unnoticeable cut in the lining to check if you can pull the rest of it out.

Hi

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/16/2024 at 6:51 PM, Micahman6525 said:

I just did this with my Wampa Wear gloves and confirming it was the same process. Super easy to do!