Having a go at KT camo

miqt

Hey gang,

I stopped at my local hobby shop yesterday and picked up some tamiya acrylic model paints. I like everything about tamiya acrylics but the price. I spent a goodly amount of time in the back of the shop and in the natural light of the front window comparing the paint colors to the screenshots. Ill post up progress and list my color choices when i get home from work tonight. My airbrush is out of commission for today but a long soak in ammonia glass cleaner should fix it right up. Cant wait to have a go at the screen camo.

Having another good look at the pics. Ill spray a 2 tone dark and light grey base then cover (mostly) with tan khaki, then the green and brown on top with some charcoal or pastel weathering.

edit:

The colours Ill try first are

1. dark sea grey (which is very light) the reveal base coat where its light

2. dark grey for the reveal base coat where its dark

3. deck tan which is very light without much yellow in it. I May have to tint it a touch (2nd layer)

4. Khaki Drab for the brown which I may tint w some plain brown if its not right (or change colors entirely)

5. field grey.... which is green. again... just an experimental color.

The airbrush is soaking in windex now. lets see what works and what doesnt.

IMG_4179_zps5a707030.jpg

Soo.... This is just for color not for shape (this was done with the widest needle and tip, thats why there is

no shape to the camo edges... they are just blobs).

I like the tan.... its been blended with the color around it a bit.

The green is too dark, and the brown is too green without enough red in it. The grey needs to be

lighter and i need show more of it. Overall this was a successful failure. Ill keep narrowing down the

colours till I have it just right.

Yep, some of the shoulders in the screen caps have grey too. Not a ton but im pretty sure there are bits mixed in.

yes there is grey in patches on the kashyyyk trooper. if you look closely there is a massive patch which could look silver, but is grey on the back tanks on nearly every kashyyyk trooper in the scene, that chilledmilk has posted. It helps if you have a bigger tv, or projector screen.

Yeah, wear and tear, or just incorpotated into the weathering or here and there. I dont think ill incorporate grey as a primary part of the camo job, just peaking out from behind some brown or green.