Straps and Colours

some questions were asked recently about strap shapes and colours.

remember that the info in THIS post is 3D render based

as per the current CRL - each bicep has specific greebs; in addition the RIGHT bicep has a twin strap - which is GREY

bicepsandforearms.jpg

the straps OVER the elbow - are NOT like a typical clone troopers. It actually is another twin strap - the close up above shows you the twin straps with the camo showing through between them

However, the knee straps, IMHO ARE like a typical clone troopers ie the 3 horizontal layers on the strap and the knee greeb at the connect point on both sides. The only thing is the entire strap and knee greebs are grey.

clone trooper:

IMG_20120222_005227.jpg

kashyyyk trooper:

knee1.jpgknee2.jpg

however - this remains interpretional differences; so both are clearable IMHO.

now based on screen cap - you begin to see the recurrent problem with the costume

tlc_comic_red_clonetrooper_clonecommander_001_zps85b2f334.jpg

this pic corroborates what is seen on the 3D renders in terms of the grey colour of the straps and the greebs.

but I think it was Grumpy that had once asked abt the elbow straps - that they appeared more like the traditional clone straps ie 2 raised edges at the each edge of a strap

looking at that picture, that DOES appear to be true

so once again

1. screen cap?

2. 3D renders?

3. stratification of different standards - and if we do, which is more 'accurate' then?

I thought we were swinging for a

3d model = normal Kashyyk Trooper and;

Scene cap = swamper statues Kashyyk Trooper?

Here I just pulled this from a screen cap,

You can see the leg strap is definitely grey and the shape is how we've already agreed.

But the arm strap seems to be exactly like grump was saying, it's a raised edge grey strap but with a black middle...

post-76212-0-04653400-1361591777_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...

it appears that there is two different types of grey on the different straps and gribbles on the armour.

as i have just painted my stuff, just need to paint the straps for the fore arm armour over the glove in a lighter grey than the back knee straps.

oh well, just tring to keep up on all these changes as i have already done most of the stuff a couple of months ago.

• 3 weeks later...

thats what i keep tying to explain.

we are setting an acceptable standard. its not going to be agreed by all because essentially, so much of this costume is opinion on blurry images (screen cap wise)

if we want to keep changing the crl every time someone disagrees with one aspect of the published crl, we will never have one accepable standard.