pouches

this shot is also good for showing off the pouch shape - the big envelopes at the back are trapezoid shaped, not triangular

templates are available and were eyeballed and scaled to the screen seen boxes

i got one of my tan pouches i painted to what i think it should look like ill post a pic when i get home, i would like to follow the same scheme as you see on armor, but the kashyyyk hero i think he has some things different then the others, doesnt he only have 1 shin strap on his armor instead of the base 2, and his pouches look just tan base with brown camo.

yeah the Hero Kashyyyk has other difference too

some say the pghfett had more of a Hero look, which isnt surprising as mike only had limited refs when he did his sculpt

and yes - I think the we have come to accept the tan puches with camo painted on em now too

Nate

I still hate all of the different shadows that are in the screens shots. The troopers are always on the move.

I like the 3D shot to show the shape and flap detail. I think it's okay to use as a reference.

I also think that the pouches are a base tan with the camo paint detail that's on the armor. (Matching.)

• Like 1

that has always been the problem with the Kashyyyk Trooper - is that there werent that many scenes showing the WHOLE costume, and the majority of screen shots were in half light and in the mud

heres 3D renders of the pouches

kashyyktroopers5-Copy_zps5675994b.jpegkashyyktroopers5_zps95b6dfa9.jpeg

this again, aside from the strict stipulation of the shapes and numbers, has the interpretation been left quite loose. I do not think there are acutally ANY clear shots of the pouches on screen. The clearest are the Hero scenes, btu you only get a glimpse, side-boob type shots

med_gallery_1_11_241483_zps82797074.jpg

"Side boob"... :lol:

Man, this is a great day!

I just got an upgrade on my internet connection, so I'm all over the Kashyyyk section right now.

"Boo-yah!!"

Hey grumpy can you put a picture up of your khaki pouches that you painted?

Yup.

IMG_5972.jpg

Man, thats a lot of pouches!! Using an airbrush to paint the camo pattern will really bring it closer to the screen grabs since all edges will fade. Ill have to buy some new colors to experiment with.

Looking strictly at the few hidef screenshots posted... especially since i cant find my copy of Ep3 (some sw fanboy i am). It looks to me that.. in most but not all cases, the drop-pouches and rear vertical pouches are a lighter background material. Right now Im thinking that lighting cant be to blame unless the lighting was very unrealisitically inconsistent. Thats very possible in 'the grid' Im sure. Ill have to find a copy of the blueray and freeze fram a lot to confirm. Ill let you know what I come up with unless someone beats me to it, nudge nudge. You can see what i mean in the 100% screen grabs thread kindly started by DR.

• 3 weeks later...

courtesy of DR - cheers again mate!

C9D14523-50F4-463F-A197-7A4DFF4F1D8F-1055-000000D7EEF34B7F_zps2fb374e9.jpg

its inconsistent, but the 2 long boxes at the back are definately whiter. If it were merely lighting, both boxes would be different shades on the above shot.

again, if the push is for screen accuracy - we should include Mr Bungle's original recommendation/suggestion of white/grey misting ACTUALLY into the CRL.

tbh - I think this would be too far, and we should accept the current CRL wth this addition

• Pouches are either cloth covered and painted with a khaki base+camo pattern or covered with multi-cam cloth.
  • Sits just under the chest armor down to the waist, only a small space should visible between the bottom of the chest armor and the upper most boxes.

those asking where we stipulated cloth covered - this BR grab care of DR. Not a smooth surface, but striations like a cloth

KST-7-TopHalfLookingAtCamera_zpsb9cc0c4a.png

incidentally, in the same light, the top pouch is also a lighter base compared to the base colour of the armour

• 1 month later...