Cummerbund - oh boy, here we go again

bund from the Hero Gree scene - could it just be shadowing. Oh yes it could. Or it could be 2 toned

med_gallery_1_11_224062_zps06ddc758.jpg

same scene - blurry and out of focus, but lends to seeing that there are possibly 2 tones

kashyyyk5_zpsf2e24c60.jpg

beach battle scene - look at the trooper on the far left

med_gallery_1_11_60983_zpscafca6ff.jpg

now the colour is going to be more interesting..... is it really grey or more tan with camo?

here is a back shot of the bund from another scene on the beach - look at the trooper on the right - shadow or dark grey?

41stelite_zps2c0f1838.png

but look back at all those pics above - can we at least agree its grey base?

this was a compromise to the 3D shot

bund2_zpsd0a07bef.jpg

where some argued it was more tan with camo on it

and also on the pic supplied on the CRL re-discussion thread

SwampTrooper-ROTS_zpsb38914a2.jpg

let me guess, next talking point will be riding patch? do we need death recon to give us more crotch shots. :)

That last part is just soooo wrong on many levels. :huh:

How about grey with sandy, rusty, muddy weathering??

I never really liked the stark 2 tone on the LSFU versions. I in fact toned mine down with grey and white primer

this is the pic I used before

IMG_20111125_211356.jpg

this is it toned down

kttwinsoutdoors1.jpg

I still think its 2toned, but as a result of weathering and shading - now heres Mr Bungle's, that is his version 1 bund - which is a single tone grey, but with lots of weathering

011-11.jpg

personal opinion - subtle 2 toned grey, additional weathering allowed

I would still like input from the other Kashyyyk Troopers. I know not eveyone gets on here.

That's why it might take a little bit to get other opinions. We still need them to be a part of this.

All input and opinions will help move this decision process along.

So far, those that are on here say "at least a base grey" for the cummerbund. And...weathering! Correct or not?

If I'm wrong with this, please note it here or on one of the main Kashyyyy threads.

kashyyktroopers5-Copy_zps5675994b.jpeg

not quite sure why if your still using your 3d renders for your multicam pouches, your not using the same renders to clearly see its NOT two tone deck chair esque grey/dark grey??? its a similar tone to the base of the armour, with weathering, simples...

Going by the limited screen caps here.... I cant fin my copy of ep3 ,hehe i a bad star wars fan, i would say that the base color is not the same for all the pouches. The 2 vertical pouches on the back seem to pretty consistantly be lighter. Moving from mu phone to the computer for a much better look now.

If we can id a detail from the screen thats great, next step down would be the 3d renders and official promotional stuff, then the licenced statues etc and last the toys etc. were a lot better of than some of the EU costumers who have all of our problems and even less to go on. You guys are doing a great job hashing this stuff out. Thank you!

lol, read what I wrote first Allan.....

What your trying to justify you based your two tone bund on is nothing more than a cgi attempt to define depth via shadowing, to define the ribs in the bund at distance.

none of the up close images show a two tone bund, not one, why are you basing something on such weak evidence? lets go through your images you are basing it on....

"battle scene" pic 3, Kt on left... REALLY??? its a square block of dark blur... what about the rest of the bund you can still visibly see, that's ALL one colour... and its NOT two tone striped... poor evidence.

Back shot of bund pic 4... I cant even work out which KT on the right your on about, the one in the foreground seems to have a single line of grey in reality about 2 inches long to the top left of the centre pouches... so not the complete band, in a stripped pattern? no, just a single line.....

You don't even comment on the next two.... is that because one is the hallowed 3d render, that doesn't show a striped two tone bund, all it shows is a shadowed image, as you can see the shadow line across the pouch flap top right.

The BEST image we have to work with, you dismiss entirely, I would like to draw you to the KNOWN grey parts of the costume. the straps behind the knee, and the two strips on the bund.... now how can your bunds two grey colours be darker than the two strips on the belt??????? if you can answer me that, I'll eat my hat! surely that's the simplest piece of evidence that discredits a two tone striped dark grey bund? no?

bb1aa995-8b12-4c62-bced-e5d661f3b033_zps79daad6b.jpg

Wow, i think your crackin up bud,

Why is it when I read your posts it only seems your trying to talk down to people.

You don't really know how to get people in your corner do you?

As for my inconsistent screen grabs I do apologise for the crappy quality.

I'm sorry I took time to at least get a few screen grabs since people were complaining about the ratio of 3d renders to screen grabs.

I can't seem I find a true Bly ray version online, I'll have to run to the store and get a Blu-Ray copy but in the meantime it would be great if anybody else could get some screen grabs up... Maybe some Bly Ray quality that has been mentioned?

I'm sorry I don't even know what your going on about in para 3,4,&5 you'll have to clarify that for me.

As for para 6 I havent dismissed anything, you didnt want to clarify if this was a true screen grab or not... but if you go off that pic then the left arm inside greb would be white.

I've been saying base TAN for nearly everything...

Including the cummerbund.

no no, not you fella,seems the auto save function lost a bit of the post, its directed at Nathans original post. I lost the post, went back to it and the autosave recovered most, missed a few lines though!

Blu ray images inbound, until then, its all gravy.

Well that's what we had at the time, hence the difficulty in making a decision at the time

Not saying its right, just explaining the process. U actually acknowledge the very problem with this costume. inconsistent pics and blurry shots.

It's also all colours and patterns that we made for the render, so discussions are at best individual interpretations. Not saying I'm right or u are wrong. I accept both interpretations,and Allan's. We will argue round in circles. What we need to decide is what do we want I the new CRL?

That Pic u keep using tony also show the bicep greebs to be white and the bund to be tan ?

The picture (although labeled as screen cap) has been discussed before on other threads, and no one has yet been able to replicate the detail on an actual screen cap. Of course the blue ray cap should sort this out.

Yes Brother, I have another interpretation. Right now its based on 1 HiDef screengrab posted in the KT100%Screengrab thread. It is the top picture- of the trooper on the Kashyykk "guillitine" platform. It is the best closeup screen grab that i have seen. To me i see green that matches the green and brown on the 'combat bra'. the colors are mashed together a bit with not a lot of clearly defined edges. It looks like green and brown moss growing on a greyish green background.... or camo in other words. There are true screengrabs from further away that lean MUCH more toward a solid grey.... but they are further away, where detail is lost and lighting comes into play the most. Up close, my take on it is that it is not a solid color or 2 tone, but camo, incorporating a background color (greyish green, seafoam green whathaveyou) darker green, and brown. I dont think colors that are clearly green and brown would be used to create shadow. If you zoom the picure in a bit, they are large groups of pixels, clearly in large(ish) clumps of like colour. Please take a close look and let hear what people think.

I definately think that solid tan, solid grey, or solid light gray are less accurate options, unless of course there is some way to explain the closeup. Lighting for me works to modify a color at long range.... but at short range it would have to be blindingly bright, or next to dark to reallllllly modify the true look of something.

PS. RESPECT to all those who are putting in time on making this costume better. "WE NEED TO BECOME BETTER"!!..... thats an imported joke from CTN. Not the respect part- thats in ernest..... The WNTBB part.

• 2 weeks later...

When i look at the closeup screenshot, the 1st layer of material looks grainy textured to me. That might strictly be a cg thing to get the overall look right, but im thinking a nice pebbly dyed canvas might more faithfully reproduce the screen look. What do you guys think?