Ever forward - CRL discussion for new discoveries!

TB5994

The DPM issue isn't that bad off yet, yes as US goes trying to figure out the cm to in. Was a pain. The fitted DMP is a lot different than the US maternity gowns that only come in 4 sizes. The real issue I've seen is if you were of a husky build in the US finding DMP the right size.

We can always look into the Romanian army desert dress. I got a few in my basement.

I'm not 100% sure what all the hub ub is about all of this, regardless I'm going to continue forward with my build and hope it's right. Didn't know there are 2 different kashyyyk trooper models ( was my original plan anyways, this crud is hard )

I'll join this "happy" conversation tomorrow. I have a lot to comment on about the above postings. Concerning the British DPM, Canadian issue, and not too sure about our U.S. style.

This is turning out for some good, I guess. No need to rush things, or make them last forever. If you are already approved, then leave it at that. We, who are already approved, need to look forward and help those that are in their builds. And with that, if you are in your build, just keep building and check these pages for any potential changes. We will be here for any questions...right guys??

I will say this, though...whatever happened in the past in the UKG...KEEP IT IN THE UKG!!

Not on this Detatchment page. I could really care less who was a GML or whatever.

We are a world-wide detachment and we are expanding.

Until then...Tony and Nate really need to take a "time out." Stop wagging your fingers at each other and shut the hell up already. If you want to do that, send a PM to each other. Keep it off of here. Remember, people other than Pathfinders have public access to see these forums. So, calm it down and assist, not attack.

END OF LINE

Personally, I don't care how this pans out... I know my costume looks like it does on screen. I'm cleared, it makes no difference to me.

The reason I am here is because I don't believe the CRL is based images seen on screen, therefore inaccurate. Its now come to light that its based on a pre production image only one member has seen... not the film millions have seen....

Now if you think that's a little strange, seeing as we strive for screen accuracy, stop following the herd, grab some screen shots, either way, prove me wrong or lets iron out the creases and get this sewn up.

The time frame is irrelevant... those that are caught in limbo, if the CRL is changed, I suggest they simply message the DL, who can communicate with their GML. If its wrong, why drag it out? get it changed, move on.

Play nicely big brother is watching you lol :thanks: . :salute:

Once we have some decent screen used images to use as reference, in the new section I have started. I dont really see this taking the sort of time scales quoted. The majority of the costume is there, we just need tweaks. I really dont see it taking that long. Why do we need to talk to Tom, Dick or Harry else where away from this board. We can use our eyes, look at the evidence and decide upon it.

Can someone list here EXACTLY what you feel the issues are with this costume for me listing 1, 2 ,3 and so on if you like, It will just make it easier to discuss point by point untill resolved.

Ive been sayng it for a long time, about the kashyyyks joining the lancer ranks, so yes think about this as well. This could be a higher lancer CRL like the scouts have, but I am 100% more pushed towards a CRL based off of a screen grab rather than an artists rendition. After all we are all trying to look like we could of walked off a set are we not?

Tony I read you have said we are all over 18, that is not the case any more bud. We now have the Galactic academy out there, and those nearly of age are welcome here and indeed have their own section now but can see the whole board. Its something I quite Iike having here as they are our future, so please watch the language bro.

It is beneficial to our new troopers to get this done for them, so move it move it.

Okay, on to the undersuit...

I still think that the British DPM's are the "as close as we can get." (Yes, I can say that and I just did.)

In the screen shot of the Kashyyyk being blasted away and another where the Kashyyyk Troopers are going away from the camera angle, the dark designs on the clothing matches the Briitsh DPM's. IMO.

Yes, there are still some available after-market on that "auction site." And some people in the military might still have access to some. Since the British military stopped using them, if I am correct, they might be "endangered.' But, I think not.

I've used the after-market style for my wife's Kashyyyk, and actual British DPMs for my son's. After dyeing them dark brown, the after-market will have a little bit of purple hue in it. But, that's from the brand of dye. It still had a good dark color to it.

Another option could be Canadian military issue. I don't know what the color or style would be called. (Perhaps Darth Recon could advise us with any info.) But, it is also dark enough, especially after dyeing it. There is still a camo pattern in it, but not as close as the British DPMs.

As far as the U.S. Desert issue. I really don't like it. (Just my opinion) What camo patterns are in it don't match the size in the screen grabs. Plus, there is a small dark parts in the camo that I've seen that just don't look right. I haven't had a set to dye them dark brown to see what they would look like. Has anyone tried U.S. Desert style yet? If so, post a pic and we'll see what each other thinks.

The CRLs don't specifically say "British DPMs." It says,

"Jacket and pants or jumpsuit with the correct (or as close as possible camouflage pattern)."

Maybe not everyone has acces to British DPMs, or they cannot afford it. (Overseas shipping charges have gotten ridiculous.) It's a suggestion because of the camo pattern on the clothes that makes it look very close to the images on screen.

Anyone, whether already approved or not, can offer their comments, opinions, or alternative possibilities here.

We need input from different viewpoints.

as well as not as "accurate" on the US camo the material it is made out of. im on the notion that it wont take dye very well, its not a clothy material its coated in some kinda scotch guard if u will. heck not even red clay dirt of Hawaii will stain them to much degree.

Ok well even though I am already 95% finished my Brittish DPM set I'll take a hit for the team and take a pair of my desert tans (Canadian CadPat) and dye them...

To me the pattern looks more like a "Digital Disruptive Pattern" on then it does the Brittish DPM...

I'll let you know how it goes next week ;)

Hey Allan, if you can, post a pic of what the CadPat looks like first. I'd like to see each style before they get dyed.

well done that man. the original CRL was left deliberately wide, along with the shoes, as those remained fairly contentious issues that we wanted to make sure wouldnt be a hurdle to new troopers coming in

however, rather than just the one recommended way, it would be nice to see alternates. thanks for doing this man. Much appreciated.

Nate

not yet, recons pics got us off topic. but right now i think the current point of talking not that its more important is looking into camo. cuase its easier and less controversial.

On that note though, im liking the patterns the pics seems a bit more blocky in camo pattern but the canadian ones arnt dense enough or thick enough, the dying of camo will hide some of the digital effect of camo but i think with camo lines that small it gets kinda lost. we'll have to see when recon offeres up a pair for sacrifice and ridicule :)

Are we any closer to discussions on what the issues are with the CRL?

Screen shot evidence to back up claims ect?

Whoa, whoa, whoa....it seems that it's being brought up. We're working on it. :)

• 2 weeks later...

The BDUs are ONLY a good option because they are currently available to all. And to be fair- they do look quite good. The blocky darker portion looks similar to the canadian disruptive pattern, but the darker blocks of color are smaller and greater in number. Fabric paints easily with products that are pretty readily available. Im going to the fabric shop soon. I think i will buy a nice fabric in the nice rich dark brown, then tint dark brown fabric paint with black, dilute it a bit and feed it to the airbrush. The dark blocky camo pattern will be masked with tape and spray painted. It should be washable, though yearly touch ups may be required. Ill cut an old pair of combat pants to make a pattern. This i think will yield soft top and bottom parts that are as accurate as can be. Also, since im going fabric shopping, ive been looking at the screen caps (only....so far) closely looking at the cumberbund. I see green in there. Sorry. I look at the camo armor combat bra, then i look at the bund, then back. As many times as i do, im not seeing grey. Oh there are hues of grey in there but there is green! It looks like moss growing on the bund but its there..... There are many groups of brown pixels there too... The same brown thats on the armor. Green and brown (i beleive) would not be used to create shadows. My monitor colors are all on defaults..... Please clone brothers take a close look at the beach troopers and the trooper on the kashyykk platform and let me know what you think. Standard is grey and i appreciate that. The 3d renders look grey, and some screen caps look grey from further away.... But to me the BEST close ups ive seen posted (platfrom trooper) are mostly green and brown.... Camo in other words. Please let me know what you think.