DR's KST WIP (Kashyyyk Scout Trooper)

Death Recon

I could contact them if your really curious just to give them a heads up I'll be applying in 2-3 weeks (hopefully sooner but I'm waiting on the riding patch and another piece)

Oh yeah I sprayed my belt with the grey primer I've used for my other grey greebs, it hasn't fully dried yet but it's not rubbing off... Was planing on getting a bunch of my painting down tomorrow but I guess the wife has some family outings she rather me attend ;)

K so there is something very strange about the rubber these greebs were made of...

I sprayed my belt woth grey primer (that drys in 15 mins) and its still a bit sticky to the touch, so not fully cured yet.

I'm gonna leave it for another day and then I dont know what but I'm gonna have to check the other greebs, since I'm nearly at the point to put them all on

I finished painting the camo on all my hard armor, the bottom half has 2-3 coats of clear (once I have 2-3 coats of clear on everything I'll weather it with greebs and veering thing)

null_zpsa05bc1bd.jpg

I almost got through putting all the brown camo on my soft armor pieces but I had to put the kid down to sleep.

null_zps3db587a7.jpg

Oh an I put a bit of the camo/weathering on the cummerbund (don't worry it looks darker in the pictures then up close in person)

null_zpsed24b373.jpg

...I need to go get more super glue to put my greebs on :( ran out when I was putting the straps/greebs on my shins

• Like 1

I finished painting the camo on all my hard armor, the bottom half has 2-3 coats of clear (once I have 2-3 coats of clear on everything I'll weather it with greebs and veering thing)

null_zpsa05bc1bd.jpg

I almost got through putting all the brown camo on my soft armor pieces but I had to put the kid down to sleep.

null_zps3db587a7.jpg

Oh an I put a bit of the camo/weathering on the cummerbund (don't worry it looks darker in the pictures then up close in person) *update - I just sprayed some tan on it to tone it down a bit*

null_zpsed24b373.jpg

...I need to go get more super glue to put my greebs on :( ran out when I was putting the straps/greebs on my shins

I put a piece of Velcro on the top of the toes on the boot and the underside of the toes on the toe cap.

I connect the shins and toe cap with a small elastic strap (so now the toe cap will rise and fall properly when you walk but still be held down in place)... When I get that installed later today I will post a pic and show you, here's the Velcro I've been useing. Works great and sticks to basicly anything

null_zps45b49bcb.jpg

Did you put Velcro on the sides of the foot plate? I was considering, but mine seems to just get looser and looser the more I was. I just have the Velcro on top and on the front. Considering doing snaps on the sides like the Jango boots I had once upon a time ago, but may just try Velcro first.

I only put Velcro on the front and the top

Damnit why can't I find the referance pictures Grumpy put of the tank detail!!

Who's thread was it I , LoL I swear I checked them all and can't find it again :(

Did you put Velcro on the sides of the foot plate? I was considering, but mine seems to just get looser and looser the more I was. I just have the Velcro on top and on the front. Considering doing snaps on the sides like the Jango boots I had once upon a time ago, but may just try Velcro first.

You sold your Jango boots?? Were you crazy at the time???

I only put Velcro on the front and the top

Damnit why can't I find the referance pictures Grumpy put of the tank detail!!

Who's thread was it I , LoL I swear I checked them all and can't find it again :(

Here ya go...

My tank (Older style)

IMG_4247.jpg

IMG_4246.jpg

My wife's tank (Newer MrBungle style)

IMG_4243.jpg

IMG_4244.jpg

After I put it on, I gave it a coat of flat clear. B)

I guess this is what you were talking about.

You sold your Jango boots?? Were you crazy at the time???

Yeah the Jango ended up coming in on a trade, and went out the same way. My brother got a wookie out of the deal, so I can't complain too bad.

For the tank detail, use the pin stripping kit from any auto store. Get the smallest one, can't remember the size, 1/8 I think. Worked great. Another tip pawned off from Matt!

Nah, can't complain about a Wookiee.

Yup, 1/8 inch black pinstripe tape.

Does your brother still have the Wookiee?

Yep, still does chewie a good bit. Just changed out the stilts to buckets and redid the feet, but man he didn't have to thread that undersuit with the hair. A new face mold is in the works as well, but that's next paycheck!

If you can't find the pin stripe tape, let me know. I have a huge roll and I can ship you some.

Thanks guys, yeah I seen Matt mention the 1/8 pin-strip so I picked some up and finished putting it on the tank a minute ago.

All I need to do is paint the tank greeb black and I can throw a clear coat on.

I need to paint the rubber greebs for the arms then I can clear coat them as well, I'll probably wait and do the top half all together.

So I got the elbow strap greeb cut down to size, then hollowed out:

null_zps1089534d.jpg

Then the arm greebs and the small greebs (not included with kit) for the shins painted...

null_zps9d946a24.jpg

I'm waiting for paint to dry so I can continue :( LoL... And waiting for stuff in the mail... So close yet so far from finishing LoL

In one pic, it shows two grey straps with a black strap in between them.

In another pic, it shows two grey straps with the dark Brit camo showing through.

Either is fine. As long as there are two grey straps.

It currently says just "two straps", but it should say grey pretty soon.

I personally like the first, but that's just me. :blink: (What do I know?)

Nice Allan! So close now, I'm sure it's driving you crazy!

Are you going to do any Velcro in the pants or shirt to keep the knees or biceps in place? I was considering but my knees stay in place pretty well, but my biceps are a little lose. I ran a connector like Matt showed, but it just doesn't feel as stable.

I'll be adding snaps and Velcro to hold everything in place... I've already got Matt's connector system all rigged up so I'm just adding to that.

Oh, my riding patch came in today, thanks Rob, I think I have enough for two riding patches! LoL

Nice Allan! So close now, I'm sure it's driving you crazy!

Are you going to do any Velcro in the pants or shirt to keep the knees or biceps in place? I was considering but my knees stay in place pretty well, but my biceps are a little lose. I ran a connector like Matt showed, but it just doesn't feel as stable.

Add a small block of soft foam on the inside of the bicep. Like the kind in the pouches. Glue it to the inside of the bicep and paint it black. Just a trial suggestion. I put some in my wife's biceps, because they were made a wee bit big. Plus the snaps and straps help a bit as well.

I've already lost it. Welcome to the ...uh...what was I...oh, nevermind. :angry2:

LOST: 1 mind. If found please return to owner! (Whoever that is.)

I think I found one but I'm pretty sure it's not mine.... How'd it get in my basement?

That one might be mine. I think it stowed away in one of the pouches that I sent to you. But, it forgot it's visa. Oops!

Ya see, kids? This is what happens when you work on a Kashyyyk Trooper. You lose your mind.... :blink::wacko::huh: :huh: ;):P:D ........ :angry2: (Me) .... Cheers, guys! All of you are coming along nicely. B)