DR's KST WIP (Kashyyyk Scout Trooper)

Death Recon

Got some of the smaller greebs ready while I wait for the tan coat on the armor to set for a few more days...

null_zps0c9b4d2b.jpg

(This is my grey primer so in getting some ready for their coat of black)

Still need to colour the rubber flexible greebs grey as well, but at least I have the hard greebs all good to go

I got my brown coat painted on today...

null_zpsacbe4816.jpg

Waiting till the weekend to put the green on.... Hopefully the thin layer of masking fluid will rub off when the green is dry.

(If I can find/remember :( where I put the masking fluid on)

I'm putting the brown and green on pretty close and thick because that's what I see in the Ref pictures:

KST-7-TopHalfLookingAtCamera_zpsb9cc0c4a.png

KST-9-RidingPatch_zpsa7dd82a1.png

Grumpy: belt is hold up.. Still haven't connected it to the cummerbund cause I'm not complete that yet, but ie twiste the hell out of it and the glue is holding up good

(Can't say the same for my paint job)

The paint test I did dried to a nice brown, but after I let it dry on my armor (ALL my armor!) it dried too light and was nearly orange! :(

So now I only have half my armor painted brown (put some black in with it to make a nice brown like seen on screen) and the other half an orangish-brown.

(Oh I have my oatmeal riding patch being sent soon so the only thing I need are the shin straps... I thought work would have some but guess they don't have tan or kahki)

Sorry to hear about the brown paint man. Color change from a different base color is so hard to predict. Where did you end up getting the riding patch? I am thinking I am going to trade out my grey for the oatmeal color as well.

Comm: I have a fellow BSN member from the UK sending me some since the eBay seller doesn't ship to Canada

Bselph: yes that's exactly what I'm doing, the brown spots are just a bit bigger now (not bu much) so I can cover all the orangish-brown

null_zps833b59f3.jpg

I thought I had something at work that would work for the shin straps but I guess not...

My local fabric store doesn't seem to Cary anything tan or kahki either so I'm kinda SOL right now... Maybe I'll find a backpack in a store and cut it off that ;)

Well, I got more of a brown then a tan or kahki...

Walmart didn't carry anything even close to being good.

My lil one was home sick so I got a ton of work done on my cummerbund while she was sleeping... I still need to ad the Velcro for the pouches but I need to "place by numbers" LoL

(I just need to take a look and make sure I put all the pouches in the right areas)

null_zps0259f221.jpg

I have the closure in the back only with Velcro right now but I will have a zipper there as well.

The waist belt is connected with 4-5 snaps I have hidden under the straps.

(Thinking of adding snaps to the top and to my BDU shirt so it doesn't try to ride down)

What do you guys think?

I think it looks fantastic! Depending how yours fits, you most likely won't need the snaps on the shirt. I also put eyelets in mine, under my belt since it sits directly on top of the cummerbund, for the back leather thong of the hanging pouch.

Your color looks great though!

This is how the pouches go as far as I can tell:

null_zpsb419178b.jpg

LoL I'm not a small waist (36.6) or a small chest (41)... So how come everything looks so bunched together unlike most of yours?

(Is that just cause it's flat and not around my body maybe?)

Yup. When it's flat, they should be pretty close to each other. When it wraps around you, you will be able to see between the pouches.

Drop them down a bit. The two front tall pouches can hang over the belt a little. Along with the other two tall pouches. (They sit about the same height.) And the small pouches next to them can go a little lower as well. That way the chest and tank pieces won't hit them. But, with the way the chest sits on everybody, that shouldn't be a problem. It's just watching the back, so the tank will have clearance over the two back pouches.

Check out Brent's test fit pics, to see how it fits on him, as a reference.

Yeah, when you put it on, it will space out. Looks like your two pouches in the middle are too high and should sit on top of the ones below.

It has turned out great for you though.

Oh they are all just laying on the cummerbund right now.

(I don't think they should be one on top the other because then they arnt 'useable' but I will drop the bigger ones down)

I put my cummerbund & chest/back piece on... Then I took my fabric marker and drew how high my chest/back were on the cummerbund.

My wife takes a bit of coercing to get her to help me ;)

I used a grey primer, which dried in a few days. It will rub off though if you mess with it too much. I really don't think there is much we can do about it. I almost cut the arm greebs out of a very thin piece of foam (which I should have done) but the paint held up pretty well there since it was a small piece.

As for the belt, I'm going to look into another option and see if I can get something made from a different material.

Rubber is hard to paint regardless of what kin it is, but I'm going to see if I can do a belt out of foam as well. My idea is to cut the base an then glue a grid section on top for the different spaces. It should be pretty easy, and if you paint each before you put it on, base black and top section grey, then you won't have a need to worry about covering and then painting. It would also hold up to glue pretty well.

I've seen some guys on RPF use a wash of white glue and water to make the foam look more slick and not so much like foam. Hope this helps.

yea the glue definitely works on the foam it gives it a nice little coat and the paint sticks. shape the faom before you at the glue though. hmmmm looks like it's going to be bIweekly touch ups on the belt before we figure something out then. this kit is deff special.

Yeah I'm not sure about the belt, but I did get a little bit of paint on it before when I was working with my air brush and it hasn't scratched or rubbed off (too bad it's brown and not grey LoL)

Ok so I started to paint my green on the armor (but then the kid went to bed and my air compressor is loud)

null_zps4dab79e4.jpg

What do you guys think of colours and pattern?

Cummerbund is 95% finished, just going to hit it with some tan/green/brown misting and she will be good to go.

null_zps959d1853.jpg

I didn't get the rest of my armor pieces painted yet but I did put a clear coat on the stuff I had finished painting yesterday.

Cut the holes in the shins for the straps to go through, sprayed the stap I have tan (couldn't find anything kahki or tan)

Added the greebs to the toe caps with super glue... **watch out, super glue will leave a misty white substance if you use to much or slide it into place**

Oh I sprayed my kahki pouches with a misting of tan, just getting ready to put the camo brown/green on them when I finish the rest of my hard armor's green camo.

Yeah I think that's all I got done today... LoL