DR's KST WIP (Kashyyyk Scout Trooper)

Death Recon

Thanks guys,

I've already used my dremmel tool with the sanding attachment and roughed up the backside of all my greebs 2 weeks ago...

I tryed to get the knee straps to bond to a piece of plastic but (sanded both pieces down, E6000 on both piece 1.5 minutes before joining, then clamped overnight) and still the plastic piece just peeled right off the next day with hardly any effort... Didn't want that to happen mid-step.

I ended up connecting a snap directly to the greeb and backing it with a piece of plastic for ridgedness

null_zps918f982b.jpg

I've experimented with the Velcro and it seems to bond to the greebs fairly well after being clamped for 4 hours...

Maybe we will have to put the Velcro teeth on the back of the greebs then E6000 that directly to the armor??

I had to modifymy helmet fan battery case by cutting an inch off the width so it would fit better in my bucket... I didn't want the wires running out

Here's how she looks now:

null_zps5df9e246.jpg

It's a 12V rechargeable

Anyways I'm gonna see about fitting everything in my helmet... Or maybe I should get the camo painted on it ;) LoL

***update***

BC got back to me and said that "Zap-a-Gap" should work (she tryed it and it works) but test it first and watch out because it might melt the plastic... Sounds perfect to me!

Im testing how I'm setting up my helmet...

The battery pack is going behind my head center level in the bulge, one fan is going next to my right eye facing toward and a little up... So it push's air on the visor and up over the head to cool down

The other one behind my right ear faceing rear in the bulge to push air around the back of the head and out the left ear hole

Oh heres my fans, the push air out the front, not the side...null_zps682fd17c.jpg

and the helmet with the fans, battery pack, & mic in it (used Velcro to hold them in so I can move them if I need to:

null_zpsebfa963a.jpg

Some dremmel work on the curve of my boots.

null_zps66531f0b.jpg

I have all the plastic pieces primed and have the inside painted black.. Gonna wait 72 hours and let that dry before putting the chrome paint on.

null_zps15a0928d.jpg

Maybe I'll actualy get to work on my cummerbund... What do you think on these colours for the backing/strips?

null_zpsf23cb33f.jpg

Colors look good man. I'm starting this weekend on the cummerbund. Still have a bit to go on the hard armor, but with wife out of town, I'm getting nothing done. Just a heads up, I only used one of the rubber forearm straps in the whole build. I ended up cutting it in half and used half for the left and the other for the right. At least I will have a spare.

Are you doing a zipper or Velcro for the back of the cummerbund?

Last question, have you cut the gaps in the shins for the straps? If so, how far down from the top did you go, and how much between each strap?

I only used one of the rubber forearm straps in the whole build. I ended up cutting it in half and used half for the left and the other for the right.

I thought it had to be two thin strip that wrapped around te arm with a hollow middle

Are you doing a zipper or Velcro for the back of the cummerbund?

I'm doing both a zipper and Velcro

have you cut the gaps in the shins for the straps? If so, how far down from the top did you go, and how much between each strap?

Here's a good ref pic, just judge the spacing yourself, that's what I'm going to do when I finally cut

F9DF6E28-613A-46D1-A14E-57DE7B7E7CCD-442-0000002810A554F2_zps6614eb1c.jpg

Sorry bud, it made sense in my head, but not on paper. I cut the forearm strap short ways and not long ways. When I shortened it up, I was actually able to use just one and not even touched the other. I guess I could have wrapped it in a circle and left more in the forearm piece, but I secured with snaps on each end instead.

Well I got all the strips sewn on, I tried it on but the side strips bunch out so maybe I'll shorten the whole cummerbund so it doesn't bunch up at the bottom and cause the strip to droop outward.

null_zpsd2f077ef.jpg

How did the CA glue work? I found some dense foam at the hardware store, which I may end up cutting those greebs out of and just using that instead of the rubber. It is a square for a saddle tee conversion gasket for tapping cast iron soil pipe. Found in the plumbing section and only a couple bucks for a 6x6 square. Going to use or the shoulder connectors as well.

How did the CA glue work? I found some dense foam at the hardware store, which I may end up cutting those greebs out of and just using that instead of the rubber.

Sorry what glue? I can't remember.

And what are you useing this foam for?

I need to find something for the shin strap greebs... I have the frees included but you need little metal pieces or something and I'm not sure what to use

For the left bicep greebs. Since that rubber is hard to glue, I may make those rubber pieces out of that foam instead so it will glue better.

How are you painting the strips under the eyes?

I'm going to try to glue the shin strap greebs right to the strap itself without the metal bracket. The ends I will secure inside the shin itself so I won't have to deal with the ends outside where they can be seen.

How are you painting the strips under the eyes?

I'm going to try to glue the shin strap greebs right to the strap itself without the metal bracket. The ends I will secure inside the shin itself so I won't have to deal with the ends outside where they can be seen.

I think I'm goig to draw them out on something then make a stencil of them to place under each eye and paint them on.

That's a good idea for the shins.

Oh yeah and the strips I have were white 1", I used black dye and got them as dark as I could (45-60 mins) but they are synthetic so they don't take te due too well.

Started to glue the belt greeb to the included nylon belt with gel super glue... Then i rolled it in direction it will curve around my waist.

When I get home later I'll tell you how that went.

And also started to test with masking fluid on my crotch piece. I have the tan painted on over it now and waiting for it to dry good then I'll have to also test my hand and air brushing (this will be the first time I've ever done this so hope I can get a good camo pattern)

Yeah i glue the straps last night, and it worked well. I also spit-glued the straps around the shin, every so often, to make sure they didn't slip down at all. It worked out well with putting the ends in the shin itself instead of the outside. I also cut the shoulder connector out of the foam and out in place. I like the foam since it can give a little with the walking around.

Some of the chrome was showing through so I put a second coat on the crotch piece... Once I add some brown and green camo (after the tan is dry) I'll try and peel off the masking fluid and see how it worked

This is the super glue I used, it worked really good for putting the belt greeb on the nylon belt (gonna use this for attaching the rest of the greebs)

null_zps984926fc.jpg

Also, check the glue with the belt. From my experience, te glue will harden, but will actually break in flexible items, like the belt. So constant wrapping around you and back off, will cause the rigid glue to shatter, and then fall off.

Yes the crotch piece should be covered in fabric so that's why it's the ideal piece to practice useing masking fluid and painting the camo patter on...

I let the glue dry over night then I twisted; bunched; folded; and bent the crap out of the belt and the glue seemed to hold up... So I think it will work out ;)

Yes I heard it crack a bit but it didn't loose it's grip on the nylon belt/belt greeb, here's a quick pic:

null_zps7602678e.jpg

Well the masking fluid testing went well so I added some "battle scars" to each piece of armor then painted everything tan...

Well except my helmet cause I'm an idiot and forgot it was on the shelf and used all my tan paint with 2nd coats on everything.

Looks like another run to the store for 1 can of tan :(

null_zps9a3bcaf9.jpg