DR's KST WIP (Kashyyyk Scout Trooper)

Death Recon

So what do you guys think about how I built up my toe caps?

null_zpscaf74863.jpg

Ghost never looks impressed...

null_zps98ff1930.jpg

I might trim them down just a little so I can bend my ankle at a tighter angle...

Since bselph thought I needed to ;)

null_zps5cbd276b.jpg

Yeah I know what you mean about back tracking bselph, that's why I still haven't hit the primer to everything... A lil bit of a perfectionist ;)

Although I think I'm pretty much at the painting stage right now, but I don't have a garage so I'm going to have to wait till it's a nice day out (that I have off) or do it in my small shed a piece or two at a time :(

I've got the supplies for the cummerbund, just need to get my ass in gear and draw up the plans so I can cut... Some Grumpy ol fool made me some amazing gloves AND pouches so I don't have to worry about them ;) thanks again

You too, huh? The Grumpy fairy also paid me a visit. Top notch and no way would I have been able to make the pouches since I can't even accomplish the pockets on the pants.

:peace: Thanks guys. Just here to help. The cummerbund is easier than it appears.

Yeah I know it's not that hard... I just haven't set aside the time to do up the plans and get to it yet.

Oh I started adding some snaps to the knee bands:

null_zpsebf1847e.jpg

I'll add the snaps to the knee cap later today

I used my dremmel with the sanding pinwheel attachment and sanded down the back side of all the greeblies, then I cut apart an old cat litter box and added the snaps to that and glued them together with E6000, I'll paint them later

I'm still waiting to hear about an oatmeal patch for the pants... That's the last piece I need to finish the under suit.

Let us know how that E-6000 holds up with those rubber parts.

What's the snap on the elbow / forearm armor for? ;) (Just curious...)

And Ghost doesn't look too impressed. I mean you cut up the litter box... :blink:

The E6000 doesn't like to stick to the rubber greeblies so I ended up cutting a bit of the back side of the greeblies off and adding the snap directly to that (rubber was too think to put it on without trimming it down)

null_zps918f982b.jpg

Then I added a back plating to make it more rigid, the E6000 sticks to the metal snap much better then the rubber

The snaps on the elbo piece are going to be for connecting them directly to my BDU's... I'm doing the same with the shins as well I think.

I made the connector strap for the front/back plate and made a T-junction type like Grumpy's to connect the sholder bell as well and then added some padding to it so it'll be comfy

null_zps01f24b71.jpg

Added te 3rd snap to the T-junction... Only thing I'm have if issues with is which way does the sholder bell go?

There's a front an back side, I think the back side has the flatter piece.

What do you guys think, is it photo 1 or photo 2??

Photo 1 (this is the way I think it goes)

null_zps0665aed0.jpg

Photo 2

null_zps7d2b2bf6.jpg

If you don't like the price/shipping just paint them on bselph...

Well the wife and kid are back after being away for 4-5 nights so I guess my "rein of late-night terror" is over and I'll only have a bit of time each day to work on my stuff.

I need to smooth out the top of the toe caps and trim the sides of the front/back plates down to make it look like a smooth curve... Painting to follow.

Then just the cummerbund and the riding patch needs to be done

More work done.

Smoothed out te top of my toe caps:

null_zpsd2a80a92.jpg

Primed, painted, & glue my foam pads into the sholder bells:

null_zpsd2d88c01.jpg

Here's the chest/back snapped together with the sholder bells attached, KCCO:

null_zps7046e5ef.jpg

Oh and primes the helmet, waiting for it to dry and see if there's any defects that need touching up:

null_zps10f6149b.jpg

Ok so I'm trying to install the liner, it's for a different helmet so I modified it a lil bit... Here's how it is so far (just waiting for glue to dry)

Here's the whole helmet liner:

null_zpsaa314cea.jpg

First I drilled out the top rivets out so it can swivel:

null_zps4102f350.jpg

Then I added snaps to the liner itself, with backings on the inside and outside of the connecting arm:

null_zps793bd09c.jpg

Then I added snaps to the inside of the helmet:

null_zpsb4db72a8.jpg

So in an hour or so I'll add a photo of it snapped inside the helmet.

I tried out a helmet pad kit, problem is the pads are not quite large enough for my head to be snug. Where did you get the liner?

It's coming along well man, just paint. I still have some tweaks to do, but mainly the greebs

I still have to tweak all the greebs man, that's a big problem seeing as the E6000 doesn't stick it it :(

Umm I got the helmet headband kit from...

KWdesigns (on BSN here) for $30, it take some modification but I've worn a few helmets in my time and I can tell this one fells like it will be semi-comfortable. It has an adjustable strap for th back of head and a sponge forehead for fit/comfort but if your looking for more just add it in (those pads you have work awesome in a military helmet, I used them on my tours over Afghanistan, they kinda get stinky though LoL)

Ref Bselph's WIP:

I'll try and see if this Velcro will bond to the belt...

null_zps45b49bcb.jpg

Still doesn't help with the other greebs on the armbands. And we can't use snaps there... So we have to find a good way of glueing/bonding the greebs.

I've msg'ed BC and asked her what she recommends

You can get velcro to stick to the rubber parts but you need to do some prep work. First, scuff the bejeezus out of the area you plan to affix the velcro to. The adhesive needs a rough surface to adhere to. Next, clean it as best as you can. I also recommend adding just a bit of e6k to the rubber side before you afix the velcro. Let it set for a minute or so and then apply and clamp hard. That should do it. Good luck :)

As for the bicep band, where exactly do the greebs go on? I've seen on the long part and then on the side. I notched mine so at least the greeb will sit flat and hold the greeb on. Just have to figure out how to secure the strap parts and the huge square.

The back part of the bicep where the "huge square" goes.

IMG_6673.jpg

I made my own out of a flat sheet of foam. I couldn't get the rubber piece to stick. (The rubber was too hard and not flexible enough.)

As far as the the thin strap parts, like Drew said...it goes with this also...sand the bottom of the rubber first. I used E-6000 to glue it to the bicep. And then added clamps and left it overnight. The rubber bounces back...sometimes. Sometimes there are marks from the clamps...and that equals..."Battle Damage." (Along with spray paint weathering.)