Lancer Boots - WIP

Centuri

Heres an update to my boots.

I didnt want to fix my holster on until my blaster was finished. I had the hand guard replaced with steel and used the magnet trick to secure it.

I wanted to share my solution to prevent the dreaded holster sag. I followed in the footsteps of other builds and added some leg straps to hold the holster against the leg. I made it removable for those troops where i go blasterless, the boots will be more comfortable without the straps.

The straps are 25mm webbing with velcro to secure them.

24ddlzu71hqf7wb4g.jpg

they are held to the inside of the boot with a 40mm wide velcro strip. The strip on the vinyl was sewn in before the holster was riveted in place.

there are 2 snaps at the top to secure the top strap to the top support for the holster.

ydi7we3fjbf6na44g.jpg

lastly, I added a snap plate to the bottom inside support for the holster. this snaps on to the neck of the boot, which essentially connects the base boot with the holster and stiffens the whole side of the boot. I tried them on and i can still walk and move freely in them with this connection.

u4z41cabyfk9e224g.jpg

Yay, boots officially done!

• 8 months later...
Guest HamBone

Nice build, Centuri!

I'll get some pictures of mine up once I begin working on them! I know that I could probably it on the forum, but, what is the spacing for carving out the design on the soles of the boots? Looks like it's about a half inch between the two and a quarter or so up (from the bottom rectangle) to the top square. I hope that this makes sense! Haha.