Deployment Project Waiting On Approval

Sorripto

Looking good! Only feedback would be to watch the bund height. It tends to slip below the chest part a bit. We all experience that at times. You might also pull the shoulder bells a bit closer up to your collar. Overall, great looking Scout. You'll make a great Pathfinder! :)

I am going to move the velcro higher on the vest to attach the shoulder pieces higher I was thinking they looked a little low. As for the bund is there a better way to keep it from sliding I have noticed that it bunches a little bit.

Some folks use a webbing system to hold the bund up like suspenders. I use some thin, black suspenders for mine which do real well to keep the dreaded "slippage" from happening. It's a common issue we Scouts face.

Yup webbing suspenders is what I use, looking at your bund id say you could of done with it a touch wider for your height, cod could have been a touch wider also I recon bud. And as Jim said your shoulder bells need pulling in, try attaching them to the shoulder bridge fabrics of your armour.

But all in all suits you sir ;)

I think it looks good for approval. Make sure you contact your Garrison Membership Liaison (GML) before you submit. It's always good to give them a heads up so they know "who" you are and "what" you are sending over. This sort of makes approval an easier process.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest xphiledgex

I used a piece of Velcro attached to the inside bottom of my chest piece and put the opposite piece on the top of the cummerbund, I don't know if this goes against any specs but it works well for me, just a suggestion

• 2 weeks later...

Phil, that's how I have mine, and it's worked very well for me. Only draw back to that is that I need someone to pull the back of my bund up to the velcro when I suit up. But it stays put.

Well my GML said that they require the armor and cummerbund to overlap about 3 inches. What I ended up doing, other the losing the deployment weight which made things fit easier, was lengthen the elastic and straps allowing my armor to sit lower.

• 3 weeks later...

Well my GML said that they require the armor and cummerbund to overlap about 3 inches. What I ended up doing, other the losing the deployment weight which made things fit easier, was lengthen the elastic and straps allowing my armor to sit lower.

I would tell him that is wrong mate, to save this being said to others. If it over lapped by that much it would show above the join in the sides and would be around the arm pits which would be un comfy I recon., Any size lap is fine as long as it is an over lap bro

• 6 months later...
Guest LandShark

Congrats on the approval! I'm just getting started, but this definitely has boostedy confidence reading your post thread. Armor looks great; hope mine turns out as well.