Dlt-19 strap

Can the Dlt-19s have a strap like a real rifle?

I've been looking, and I can't seem to find anyone who has done this.

Anyone have any ideas what to use to make a strap, or where I could get one that would look like it goes there?

There is a German MG-34 strap that could work, just depends on your blaster. I have a Cushman DLT-19 Sniper that has been super-mod'ed and I made a strap for it out of nylon webbing. It works for me, although not Canon for scouts. ;)

IMG_3924b.jpg

Whoa, two different CRL's. I hope someone is going to clarify this before I am forced (not really) to get a BFG.

I know.. I think that the scouts should have a BFG.. Mostly because the hold out blaster (or as i like to call mine, "the noisy cricket") is too tiny to look real

I use mine at events, but not at official Canon events. The main CRL is what we should follow. I'm not sure how you found that second CRL link, it has an older "last update" date. I have not seen many official events in my area. Maybe Marcel, Cyberscout, or Chex could weigh in on this one.

I tend to believe the scouts should have another weapon as well. Common sense would tell you that you don't send any troops out without arming them. And a holdout blaster just doesn't do it. That's like sending troops out with only a snub nose revolver for defense, even if you are only scouting, it's not logical.

I'll have to check and see if I can use it in my official 501st trading card.. I know I can for the detachment cards.

If I can have it on both of my cards, then I really don't care if it's canon or not. Like Jim said, I don't have many canon only events in my area.

I tend to believe the scouts should have another weapon as well. Common sense would tell you that you don't send any troops out without arming them. And a holdout blaster just doesn't do it. That's like sending troops out with only a snub nose revolver for defense, even if you are only scouting, it's not logical.

Yeah, I'm sure that's why we see them using a BFG in the Battlefront game. We also see them using the E-11 in several artistic paintings and pics; It makes sense from a Military stand-point. The scout was only seen in ROTJ for such a short time too. But still, one of my favorite Stormtroopers and why I love being a Pathfinder! :)

ScoutBattle-TSS.jpg

• Like 1

I shot an email to the legion MO about the rifle being canon.. This was his response:

"Video games and toys are only supporting refernces when a real movie costume is available.  Since the primary source in this case is the movie and no dlt was present it was removed since the main cannon source is the film.  Also the battle front version of the game is missing details on the movie source. 

Short the movie comes first.  However since the 501st does not approve weapons with costumes if you would like to use the DLT, as long as its ok with your local garrison and your event coordinator I have no issue with you using one.

Jason Rucci

Legion Membership Officer

TC 8581"

I have checked with the person responsible for the official legion trading cards and he said using this non-canon weapon was fine.

So to anyone on the fence about getting one, I say go for it.

Other than the the rare oddball "official canon troop". You can use the rifle for anything you want