New Scout Trooper build..

Mandalorean

Hi Guys,

Many thanks to Chef and Cyberscout for their help already, my armour arrived a couple of days ago. :thumbsup:

post-75085-0-02092600-1342696770_thumb.jpg

Looking forward to getting into this. Does anyone have any good suggestion on what to start with first? :)

Andy

I always start in the middle and work outwards.

Get the Chest/Back/bund sorted first and the rest naturally follows on from them.

Or the lid, because that doesn't really cause much knock on to the other parts.

Which kit is this - Studio Creations? I'm considering a Scout myself and appreciate any feedback on the process, durability, ease of use, etc.

Thanks,

Matt

Cheers Guys,

Thanks for the advice so far and I have decided to start with the helmet.

It's one of Chefs kits, It's GRP so seems very durable.

I'll keep you posted on how the build process goes.

Andy

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Lokin.72

Hello Guys,

I'm a very new member and it's been a lifelong dream to finally build my scout armor..... I'm currently working on trimming the kit I have but Looking for some guidance on how to properly attach the back "hump" to the rear plate. so far its a lot of trimming and I think I’m doing it wrong ( Dremmell for cutting sandpaper after to smooth it out).... also when you built your kits how did you seal any gaps? (bondo?)

Also is there a strap guide on how many straps and what width are recommended for each piece?

Please keep in mind this is my 1st build of anything this scale.....please be nice to the new guy :)

one last thing.... if there is any members in the area of Campbell\San Jose Ca that want to to be an advisor. That would be Fantastic and I can compensate for your time.

Cheers Guys,

Thanks for the advice so far and I have decided to start with the helmet.

It's one of Chefs kits, It's GRP so seems very durable.

I'll keep you posted on how the build process goes.

Andy

How's the build coming, Andy?

No matter what part you start with, just take your time so you don't have to do it over. ;)

• 3 weeks later...

Hi guys,

It's time for an update. A little pic heavy. icon_redface.gif

I've made a start on the helmet, sanding and polishing but nothing really great to pictorialise for that yet.

I've been busy getting hold of the non-armour bits n'bobs.

I've made good headway on my boots. Still needing the holster attaching and the soles cut but I'm pleased with them so far. grin.gif

IMAG0212.jpg

IMAG0217.jpg

Gloves have arrived from Sith Armour, blaster is built and painted and I've started on a miniture speaker for the voice amp to be hidden in the helmet aeretor. Helmet is halfway through polishing and painting.

IMAG0216.jpg

IMAG0215.jpg

IMAG0214.jpg

The plan is to have the mic, amp, batteries and speaker all housed in the helmet. For a small speaker it's fairly loud, no disco but the voice is clear.

I've also got my undersuit and black suede ready for the bum flap and thigh patches.

Feedback and advice most welcome happy.gif

Cheers,

Andy

• 3 weeks later...

Time for a quick update. grin.gif

I finished the sewing on the undersuit this evening. Saddle, butt flap and thigh elastic attached and external pockets removed.

Elastic attached to the knee and arm plates.

Couldn't help a quick try on to check the gap between the boots and knee plates happy.gif

IMAG0228.jpg

IMAG0227.jpg

IMAG0226.jpg

IMAG0223.jpg

IMAG0224.jpg

IMAG0225.jpg

I'm planning on adding some velcro to the undersuit and armour plates to keep the plates in place as the elastic doesn't keep things tight enough I think.

Hoping to have flak vest and cummbund/pouches sorted soon.

Andy

you are pretty quick :)

it all looks very good!

keep up the good work!

and thanks for posting the pictures of the ridingpatches you made! I didn't make the ridingpatches yet, so it's very helpfull for me! thank you very much! :D

• 9 months later...

It's been a long time coming but it's now time for an update....

I've acquired a new plastice armour and helmet kit from Chef. Have made some alterations to my undersuit and sewn my own 'bund, pouches and flack vest.

Trimming of armour parts have been started with gusto and I'm hoping to get to a lot done over the next week.

738151_10152924410675451_976565684_o.jpg20130625_175832.jpgDSCF5140.JPGDSCF5152.JPG

Nice work! But if I may comment on the bund, since I also made one of mine (I have one from Marcel as well). It's riding a bit high up in your armpits and will most probably be visible above your chest straps. I had this issue as well.

I would suggest that once you have the chest and belt done, put it on and see how much of the bund that is visible. Then just sew a line along where the top should be but around 1/2" lower, cut off the excess but leave 1" to your new stitch line, remove the padding inside, fold the fabric inwards from both sides and sew it up again. You'll then have two stitch lines on the top, but they will be covered by your straps and armor.

I also suggest putting velcro on the inside of the bund and the outside of your vest both in the back and in the front, I have 4 pieces around 4" long each for this. It will keep your bund where it it's supposed to be. The bund shouldn't be kept up by your chest, mine also did and boy did I sweat...

Also, the arc must be higher. Look at some of the reference shots, like on the Bluray, for some good references.

The pouches look nice as well, but is that external stitching I see for the velcro on the flaps? That is unfortunately a no-no. Do you plan to attach it to your bund or your chest plate? It looks like the veclro's on the back side, if you want it sitting in your chest plate it should be on the front.

Even though these things might sound hard, it's something that will only take an afternoon or so to fix. ;)

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for the advice. :)

I made the 'bund myself so any measurements that were wrong were my own fault. I made a new flack vest and 'bund over the weekend and added a few more bits. The pouches do have the velcro stitch lines showing on the outside of the flap as I thought I could see the same on the Blue Ray turnaround of the Scout in the special features and also in the Magic of Myth pictures. But that can be changed quite easily. I'm going to be putting velcro on the back and front of the pouch tabs so I can fix the 'bund, pouch and chest together but also make it modular and easy to change parts.

20130716_230833.jpg

I'm using my girlfriends female tailors dummy so things look a bit odd and that's why the belt is riding a bit high. Also forgive the dangly drop box straps, I'd measured the required length, just not added the velcro yet. I should have pictures of myself in it soon :)