My SC armor

The knee pads look great, though I wonder what the sweat factor is with them? It seems like I sweat way more in the Scout then my TK. Just something to think about when adding in padding to different areas. As for the heavy duty Velcro, Walmart, Home Depot, Lowes, any fabric store should have it. While my SC kit came with all the Velcro I need for the armor, I had picked up some more for "just in case" situations at Walmart. A little piece of mind I have is that once the Velcro was sewn to the elastic straps, it acts like an anchor when its threaded through the "vents" that SC cut on the pieces. So even if the Velcro fails, the straps will stay in place.

Well considering these are made for work pants I'm not too concerned with the sweat factor. More so the confronted factor. Thanks for the heads up on the stores...I'm taking the build alittle slow so I don't screw up. But at the same time trying to get most of it done by Halloween.

Guest xphiledgex

On my arm armor I actually stitched the elastic back onto itself through one side of the armor. I then donned my undersuit and pulled the elastic through the other side until it was tight and then cut the elastic to where it needed to be. I am also going to glue some magnets to the inside of the armor and then also on the inside of my flight suit just to keep them where they need to be when trooping and moving around a lot.