My SC armor

I just purchased my first star wars armor from SC I'm very excited and cant wait for it to arrive. I want to say those guys (jeff) at SC are greate and answered all my questions and concerns. So thank you guys and I look forward to getting my kit in the mail soon-ish :).

Once I do I'll post pics of the build and fitting.

• 3 weeks later...

ok I have 2 question that I need help with.

1. what glue to use and where to get it locally

2. 501st CRL quote; the chest armor and back plate should be joined together over the shoulder and the gap covered with a loop of white fabric. :end quote: How is this done and what materials are used?

I used gel superglue, available from local hobby shops. My shoulder gap is covered by a length of white velcro (loop-side) wrapped around the black velcro, and overlaping the plastic front and back.

• 3 weeks later...

ok so I am going over the hump of my armor today for the first time since getting my armor and I noticed that the cut lines on the under side are off.

7841210494_d6a22bb206.jpg

IMAG0247.jpg by shdowfire, on Flickr

I'm not sure how big of a problem this is really or if I should try to sand down one side...or what to make it work...options?

(there are more pictures of the hump in my flicker gallery)

Because this is the bottom of the hump when it's sitting on the back plate, no one will notice the non-symetry of this area. Coupled with the fact there will be no Black gap happening because of the riser plate, you are doubly covered. :)

The hump does sit tight on the raised area, and you'll have to hold it down with one hand (or a second set of hands) when rivetting/bolting the bottom of the hump to the back plate.

Cool yeah me and the girlfriend used the 15ft rule and it was hardly noticable at all so I'm not sweating it. My ocd kicked in while I was prepping it for the top plate so I wanted to make sure. But thank you for the reply :)

• 2 weeks later...

ok so today I'm working on my knee's sanding them out and getting them ready for straps and pads. As you can see I got Padds From DT, which I learned about from another thread. I loved the look that the finished knee armor had with these.

7922271652_f1b98f4265.jpg

IMAG0259 by shdowfire, on Flickr

now I'v been working this over in my head for a few days this weekend while at some scottish games. which glue to use for the Greebies. I have Goop, E6000, and testors. which would be better for keeping the resin greebies attatched to the ABS of the armor?

7922268322_8590aa7e07.jpg

IMAG0260 by shdowfire, on Flickr

Draw a pencil line with a ruler, then score it with a hobby knife / steel ruler or use sharp scissors. I use lexan scissors, used for trimming RC car bodies. Then sand it smooth. :)

BTW: I use E6000 on greeblies, etc. Sand the bottom of the greeblie, and the surface where the greeblie is to attach. Spread some E6000 on both with a popsicle stuck etc. Let it set up for 2 mins, then join and clamp. Let cure 24 hrs as suggested. You can rub off an extra glue that oozes out.

I used gel superglue, available from local hobby shops. My shoulder gap is covered by a length of white velcro (loop-side) wrapped around the black velcro, and overlaping the plastic front and back.

how did you exactly do this?

I am stuck at this part a little bit ;)

I am still busy with my scout to, this information is very useable!

:D

@ shdwtrpr13

you're doing great by asking these great people questions! :D

good luck with your bikerscout build! and if your stuck somewhere, the people of bikerscout.net will always try to help you out! :D :D

@ shdwtrpr13

you're doing great by asking these great people questions! :D

good luck with your bikerscout build! and if your stuck somewhere, the people of bikerscout.net will always try to help you out! :D :D

thanks lol. Yeah I figured I'd pick the brains of those already experienced in this...and if I need real help I'm pulling out the interigation droids and sicking them on panda, lone and grif :P

slow progress today but thats how it should be. with packing my bags for a wedding this week and some house cleaning ( and a lack of a few tools and paints) I have the knees padds cut to fit using my handy dandy hot knife. with extra left over for my helmet if I choose.

7924601008_600df55bbe.jpg

IMAG0262 by shdowfire, on Flickr

7924607452_28eacda393.jpg

IMAG0264.jpg by shdowfire, on Flickr

7924668442_752b5b0c60.jpg

IMAG0265 by shdowfire, on Flickr

BTW: has anyone used citidal paints( model paints) for their armors detail work, i.e. the red strip and white dot?

this week I'm going to try and Tackle several things at once. All the arm armor, knee's and TD.

Question 1: what size drill bit is recommended for the zip tie that attatch's the pipe to the mold?

Question 2: Whats the best method of attatching the Elastic to the arm piece's? (I have the velcro from the SC kit but I'm just concerned that it may come loose during wear. )

Question 3: if the forarm armor pieces are too wide for my forarms should I use a heat gun and bend them into propper shape? (Noob question I know but at least its valid in my mind :P)

Question 1: what size drill bit is recommended for the zip tie that attatch's the pipe to the mold?

I used a 3/8" drill bit with a standard size zip tie.

Question 2: Whats the best method of attatching the Elastic to the arm piece's? (I have the velcro from the SC kit but I'm just concerned that it may come loose during wear.

I didn't use their velcro. I used "Heavy Duty" velcro (the hook side is much stronger) on the inside of the armor, and sewed fuzzy side to the elastic strapping.

Question 3: if the forarm armor pieces are too wide for my forarms should I use a heat gun and bend them into propper shape? (Noob question I know but at least its valid in my mind :P

I left mine the size they are even though I am a slim build. Try it on with your undersuit before you heat anything and bend it.