Pre-Approval Pics; What am I missing?

Plum

Hey guys!

Almost getting ready to submit approval pics. It was hard getting everything to fit my smaller and shorter frame. And it sucked having to fix a KS helm that was supposed to have been ready out of the box. But looking back at it it was alot of fun. I already took it out on a test run to a local con a few weeks back and everything held together well.

Wanted to post up here first to see if I'm missing anything/Need to change something/Did something wrong.

dscn2243y.jpg

dscn2241.jpg

dscn2239j.jpg

dscn2240n.jpg

I realized the greeblie on the TD was slanted after the pics were taken. Its fixed now.

Looks alright to me.

I'd trim up the return edge under your chin. It shouldn't go vertical again.

I'd pull that left bicep up a touch so it doesn't fall inside the forearm.

Your fish hook detail on your bucket WILL need changing. Speak to Mike at Trooperbay, he'll sort you out.

Things I'd do just as modifications rather than affecting clearance.

Change your webbing straps for cotton ones, not the nylon ones that came with the SC kit. they should be a little off white, but don't let it bother you too greatly.

Pouches could be a tad smaller to suit your frame, but again, it's purely an over critical detail.

Extra strap on the top of the knees.

Ah. I wasn't sure if the fish hook would affect clearance. I went ahead and shot an email at trooperbay.

All my webbing was changed to cotton already. Only nylon left is the actual belt part.

Marcel made pouches to be smaller already. I figured If i take a little stuffing out it should be fine ;)

Ty

Nice job and looking really good. Chex has you covered on a few minor mods. If the hook is KS then I'm guessing the other ones are too. When you swap out with Trooperbay decals it will look much better. Did you swap the KS snout yet? Should not affect clearance but sure looks better if you did. Great job overall!

Those are trooperbay decals. However it didn"t come with the screen accurate fish hook when I recieved it. It came with the one it has currently. All the decals came in 3 seperate pages so my guess was it may have been forgotten.

In this pic it also has the MC snout with the riser plate. The black was painted satin black.

It also has the new style 3mm bolts which I sanded down and painted. The visor is new aswell.

However can I send these in for clearence or should I wait til everythings been fixed?

Ty griffin ;)

LOL Jim that was Chef, not me. But yes, Chef pretty much covered what was needed. I'd like to recommend switching to an Under Armor balaclava as they're more form fitting and won't leave you with a turkey chin. Miami eh? Everglades territory. Haven't seen you post up on the Florida Garrison boards..at least I don't think I have yet. You've got a good looking scout. Other then the fish hook, I don't see a reason why you won't be cleared. Look forward to seeing your pics come up on the Florida GML section. I'm sure Everglades will be pleased to have another scout in the Squad. But they do have some nice scouts down there so you'll fit right in.

• Like 1

Something I noticed and forgive me if I'm incorrect, but isn't the greeblie on your TD upside down? It looks like it may be if I compare it to the Lancer submission photos. Not that you're going for that...it's just a quick way to compare it. I think the tabs need to be up top instead of at the bottom.

DSC07916-1.jpg

LOL Jim that was Chef, not me. But yes, Chef pretty much covered what was needed. I'd like to recommend switching to an Under Armor balaclava as they're more form fitting and won't leave you with a turkey chin. Miami eh? Everglades territory. Haven't seen you post up on the Florida Garrison boards..at least I don't think I have yet. You've got a good looking scout. Other then the fish hook, I don't see a reason why you won't be cleared. Look forward to seeing your pics come up on the Florida GML section. I'm sure Everglades will be pleased to have another scout in the Squad. But they do have some nice scouts down there so you'll fit right in.

Sorry Chex...I realized it was CHEF Rob but was thinking of you when I posted! :)

Something I noticed and forgive me if I'm incorrect, but isn't the greeblie on your TD upside down? It looks like it may be if I compare it to the Lancer submission photos. Not that you're going for that...it's just a quick way to compare it. I think the tabs need to be up top instead of at the bottom.

DSC07916-1.jpg

Well, damn. I think you're right! Thanks for catching that :)

About the Greeblie....

There are screen grabs and stuff that point to orientation in both ways.

They're all a bit tenuous, and the current thinking is that it can go on either way until something definitive pops its head up.

don't panic about it.

Easy pass I recon once the fish hook is changed, yes if you want to be anal a few tweaks could be done. Depends what you want out of it, you still have a nice looking scout as is trooper.

• 9 months later...

Yes... it's the small decal on the left blinker of the helmet shroud.

Looks like a fish hook. on the rubies helmets, it's a rounded version that is incorrect. The correct one should be a silver squarish thing, broken down into 4 trapezoid shapes.