Pandatrooper's SC Biker Scout build

Thanks for the Build Tutorial, I am just looking to start one myself soon. Do you have one for the helmet as well. Also if you are looking for more takers for the TD clips you can count me in for a couple orders. I have another guy here in Winterpeg looking to do scout as well.

You should get some excellent scout shots out there in BC...with the huge trees it will look just like Endor. My scout photos will look more like Hoth :)

• 2 months later...

Hey Terry, really enjoyed this thread! It's going to be a real help when I start my sc build.

Question -- do you have a list of all the tools you used?

No, but a rough one would be:

- curved lexan RC car scissors

- drill / drill bits

- hobby knife

- push pins

- various sizes of spring clamps

- Tandy line 24 snaps

- styrene sheet

- sign vinyl

- adhesive heavy duty velcro

- pencil / ruler

- E6000 glue

- Plastic Weld cement

- Popsicle sticks

- masking tape

- sand paper

- pop rivet gun with 1/8" rivets

- Dremel with various bits

- heat sealing iron

- various widths of elastic

- sewing velcro

- webbing in various sizes

- canvas twill fabric

- cotton duck fabric

- double sided interface

- white vinyl

- seam ripper

- Krylon primer and black spray paint

- sewing machine

• Like 4

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi panda!

Just wanted to say thanks for posting this thread it is incredibly helpful!

Two questions for you,

1 where did you get scrap plastic for the piece to mount the tank to the back armor?

Also where do you find the pieces of aluminum for the TD clips and the neat TD mounting thingy? I am also looking for the magnet cups you used for that piece, I have the magnets, just need the rest of the bits.

Thanks for the help!

Mike

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi Terry

Love your detailed built on the SC armour.

Just got my SC armour and I am going to use your tutorial as a guide. Where do you get your additional materials like ABS strips and magnet holders from?

When will you be starting your tutorial on your LW helmet?

I had just recently acquired a partial built LW helmet from someone in here. Would love to follow your step by step build on it.

Regards

Chris

• 1 month later...

Hi Chris. You can get ABS sheets from plastic suppliers. You can also use sheet styrene from hobby stores.

The rare earth magnets are from Lee Valley but lots of hardware stores carry them.

I haven't had a chance to jump back on the Lone wolf helmet just yet as I have lots of other projects on the go!

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Terry just wanted to say thanks for all of the info you put into this thread. It makes putting together the armor so much easier. Quick question. How did you attach the suspenders to the cummerbund and do you like it?

• 1 month later...

I know there's a few different approaches.

The screen accurate way would be to do some black splatter / spray bomb marks like in the film. I would suggest doing this with acrylic and an airbrush so that it can be adjusted or even removed. If you use actual aerosol lacquer, it will be hard to change.

You could also do some rubbing with newspapers on the edges of the armor. A lot of TKs do that to dull the white on their armor and to simulate scuff marks.

I personally would avoid brown or green dirt. While that's kind of what we would see in the woods, the scouts looked more like they were dirty from exhaust or grease type marks unlike sandtroopers.

I did weather my boots slightly with a bit of brown and black to simulate what they would look like after tromping through the woods.

Here's some different weathering videos I have done on other costumes for inspuration.

Terry just wanted to say thanks for all of the info you put into this thread. It makes putting together the armor so much easier. Quick question. How did you attach the suspenders to the cummerbund and do you like it?

Thanks, glad the thread is helpful.

My suspenders are sewn to the cummerbund, there's plastic snap clips in the front for easy on / off.