Pandatrooper's SC Biker Scout build

I followed panda troopers build thread for making a t-21 and had really good results. I'll definitely be using this as a guide when I start my biker scout! Thanks for all the great info

One item of note is that in this build the TD greeblie is installed upside down. He has amazing technique and I'm among the ones who used his thread as reference during my build but no matter who you reference always keep the CRL handy and double check the reqmt before you execute it. It will save you from mistakes and a little frustration from do-overs. A build thread is recommended as that gives the experienced troopers a chance to come along side and help if/when you need.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

This was my second time reading this thread. Incredible! I started working on my soft parts last night and I'm ordering the armor this weekend. I'm sure I'll be reading it a few more times. Thank you!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Holy Macarony! I'm gonna use this tutorial all throughout my build :) Just received the email that my SC armor was shipped out yesterday!

One question though. When you cut the armour (The shoulder bells for example). Is the plastic thin enough to cut with scissors or plastic scissors , or do you have cut with a sharp blade?

• 2 months later...

Well, it only took five years but I'm finally approved. :)

TB-2886

34271382776_5370e1b759_b.jpg

And now to make all the changes that have happened to the CRL in the last 5 years ;)

Congrats, Terry! Welcome to the Pathfinders....officially now!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

This was a fantastic and enjoyable read. I'm awaiting my order from WTF and can't wait to start my build. I have to admit, after reading 14 pages worth of information, I am a little overwhelmed. Still, I can't wait to use this tutorial!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

The new knees are great, and have a proper return on the side for the upper strap per Lancer spec. Nice work SC!

7595287894_2977e23914_z.jpg

Before I started, I sanded the outer edges and rounded any sharp corners. Also cleaned up any rough cuts. I glued some scrap plastic shims inside the sides of the upper knee using Plastic weld cement, so that when the top strap is riveted in, the sides won't get stretched and potentially cause cracking.

7595288150_d8775b984c_z.jpg

Shims glued in

7595288478_25d3c165bc_z.jpg

7595288650_d6d0931149_z.jpg

Bottom is pretty easy, apply some loop velcro to the inside of the knee, and sew some hook to the ends of your 1" black elastic. Thread it through and affix the velcro.

7595288898_007187a3cd_z.jpg

For the top strap, if you're going for Lancer spec, use 1/2" black elastic. I drilled a 1/8" hole and used a 1/8" diameter 1/4" long aluminum pop rivet to pass through the knee armor and elastic. The elastic I folded over twice and stitched shut before popping a hole (to prevent it from tearing during use). Always use a backing washer on the rivet for cases where the elastic might stretch over the end of the rivet alone.

7595289106_732efe4081_z.jpg

Obviously, size up the armor with your undersuit on before you commit to the proper length of elastic. I velcroed in some thin foam inside the knee armor to help it cling to the undersuit and prevent it from slipping.

Finished knee.

7595289284_646f6754c5_z.jpg

can you rivet the bottom elastic or will that not pass for lancer...

No you can't rivet the bottom elastic. Only the top. And that's not just for Lancer, that's for Basic as well

• 2 years later...
  • 2 months later...
5 hours ago, troygordon2 said:

Just ordered a SC kit myself, really appreciate you putting this thread together!

Just keep in mind SC has updated their kit since Terry started this thread many many years ago.  Although the build process is pretty much the same, SC has made their chest and back armor a lot more accurate since 2012.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, BikerScout007 said:

Just keep in mind SC has updated their kit since Terry started this thread many many years ago.  Although the build process is pretty much the same, SC has made their chest and back armor a lot more accurate since 2012.

I saw that. The back plate already has that hump for the rivet, which speaks well of SC for keeping up with things.  I'm sure there are other things, but I only skimmed his first 2 pages here.  I'm really looking forward to getting underway, especially now that it looks like I will have several weeks at home!  Thanks a lot, C19...and COME ON, UPS MAN!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1