Waiting on approval

So here is my finished scout.

I am going to attempt Lancer this go around and have already begun to make some of the fixes needed.

1. I fixed my boot issues had seams on both boots going in the same directions. After carefully cutting away the glue I fixed it!

2. Added the extra Straps to the knees

3. ripped off the old TD greeblies and sculpted new ones based on the Endor Rebel's Rank Badge

I will post up pics once the Greeblie is painted and attached.

I still need to cut the soles of the boots; which brings me to my question of How. How do I cut the soles? razor? Dremel?

Also I still need to fix the belt which is riveted together. Any thoughts on making it a solid belt? I was thinking about using ABS sludge (ABS shavings and acetone mixed to a sludge) to cover the rivets and blend the pieces. I figure the ABS sludge will have similar flex to the plastic and don't have to worry about a shim and it being weakened in those areas.

So enough babbling and here are the pictures of my scout (pre-lancer tweaks)

BikerScout003-1.jpg

BikerScout006-1.jpg

BikerScout008-1.jpg

BikerScout009.jpg

BikerScout011.jpg

BikerScout013-1.jpg

So I sludged my belt...put a little too much on so it will take forever and a day to dry. Than to sand and weather. I have a high gloss clear coat I can paint on to the plastic to bring back the shine. greeblie is painted and drying.

Still gotta do the boots.

Cut the boot soles as close as I could to the screen used...hope it works for Lancer. Here are pics of the upgrades and fixes.

Critiques and advice welcome.

BOOTS

008.jpg

Canvas straps on the armor

007.jpg

006.jpg

TANK TOPPER

005.jpg

EXTRA KNEE STRAPS

004.jpg

T-BITS

003.jpg

FIXED BOOTS

001.jpg

VEST DETAIL

BikerScout002-1.jpg

SUEDE AND LEG STRAPS

BikerScout001.jpg

Great job on the boots. I'm sure that was fun! IMO, I'd grab the TD greeblie from Don-Jarr. It's pretty inexpensive and more accurate. All in all, great setup man. :)

I just ordered a TD greeblie my concern was the size of the greeblie compared to the space on the SC TD....by the way here is an update of the boot soles.

Any more changes or upgrades before I go out for lancer?

001-1-1.jpg

002-1.jpg

Yeah, the older SC TD will be a little tight. Most folks use a little piece of ABS or double sided tape to elevate the Greeblie a bit. SC has recasted the TD so it's more accurate now. At any rate, nice work. Chex, Marcel and Cyberscout will guide you through the Lancer specs. When you are ready make sure to create a Lancer application thread for their review.

looks really amazing!!!

my only thing I have to say is...

the knees, when I wanted to go for lancer (and I have a SC kit to) Marcel told me the knees where not good enough for lancer because the knees need to be on a ''return edge'' like the MonCal armor does have ;)

this was Marcel his answer on my knee parts when I tryed it also to go for lancer:

''Unfortunately there are not many endors that supply a knee armour with a correct egde return on them. Moncal does and also one of the UK guys is now molding them, and SC are updating as far as I know, they are not vey expensive to buy so would recomend that route, but at this time I would accept rivits on the side close to the edge as you have pictured but look at screen grabs for correct placement, but as these new knees become more available I will write in the CRL that the rivit must be on a return edge.''

hope this helps you a bit ;)

• 2 weeks later...

If you read what I wrote I said at this time untill there are a good supply of the correct returned edge knees, standard knees with a rivit in approximate correct position would be acceptable guys.

Ryan do you know if SC is now supplying knees with a returned edge? I may just grab be a set if they are. The MC replacments I brought are quite abit thinner than my SC set up so havent used them as of yet as I do tend to kneel alot in costume.

quote name='mariellejaworski' timestamp='1342193555' post='81584']

looks really amazing!!!

my only thing I have to say is...

the knees, when I wanted to go for lancer (and I have a SC kit to) Marcel told me the knees where not good enough for lancer because the knees need to be on a ''return edge'' like the MonCal armor does have ;)

this was Marcel his answer on my knee parts when I tryed it also to go for lancer:

''Unfortunately there are not many endors that supply a knee armour with a correct egde return on them. Moncal does and also one of the UK guys is now molding them, and SC are updating as far as I know, they are not vey expensive to buy so would recomend that route, but at this time I would accept rivits on the side close to the edge as you have pictured but look at screen grabs for correct placement, but as these new knees become more available I will write in the CRL that the rivit must be on a return edge.''

hope this helps you a bit ;)

Just wanted to say that you did an awesome job on your rig, Ryan. I'm looking forward to trooping with you sometime in the future. Looking forward to seeing MJ apply for Lancer too. ;)

Wow very nice work. You got more guts than me theres no way i could post my costume for so many to judge...but thats why i will never be a lancer. However looking at your pic definately has me reworking a couple of peices for accuracy