Becoming a Scout (TB)

Guest janbolsen

Guest janbolsen

I seen the 501st Nordic Garrison three year in a row now at the Star Wars event in Legoland, Denmark and have been drawn toward the dark side more and more for each year.

I started out by looking into the possibility to build a Stormtrooper or Bike Scout outfit. Being 6" 4' tall don't speak well for my inner Stormtrooper, but the big question is, what do being 6" 4' tall mean for my Scout dreams?

Besides being 6" 4' (194 cm) tall I'm 187 lbs (85 kg) and have these measurements (in circumference):

Chest: 37 inches (93 cm)

Waist: 33 inches (83 cm)

Hips: 39 inches (99 cm)

Thighs: 21 inches (54 cm)

Calves: 15 inches (37 cm)

Upper arm: 11 inches (29 cm)

Forearms: 10 inches (26 cm)

And these in length:

Back width: 15 inches (39 cm)

Inside leg / Inseam: 33 inches (85 cm)

Arm: 37 inches (93 cm) (Center back of neck to wrist)

So here I am looking into Scout outfit and hope you can help out with some answers for some questions.

1) Again, is the chest plate long/tall enough to connect properly with the cummerbund be being 194 cm tall?

2) I found a kit at studiocreations.com; is it a good kit and is there other makers of kits?

3) What should I be aware of, these being my first build?

Looking forward receiving your input.

Regards,

JB

Well, to answer your question, you should be just fine. I'm 6'2". Gigantor here on the boards is..at a minimum 6'4" or 6'5", and he just got his scout approved (with a little help :P)

So you can do it, and you can have it look right. SC armor tends to lend itself better to people on the taller side, where MC suits shorter people. So yeah, you shouldn't have a problem with SC armor.

Guest janbolsen

Thanks for your replies.

SC armor tends to lend itself better to people on the taller side, where MC suits shorter people.

Thanks for the info tall vs. short guide.

One of the great things about being a Biker Scout is the costume design caters itself to many heights & body types. TKs & Clones are a little bit more limited.