Getting ready to submit!

Hi!

I am getting ready to submit my scout for approval.

I am missing the mudflap but everything else should be complete.

Please let me know anything that would HAVE to be fixed to get approval.

Thanks for you input!

100_5965.jpg

100_5966.jpg

Hey Chris, looking good Scout!

I know that things are run slightly different across the pond but personally i'd get a popper or Two on the top of your bund and attach on the underside of your chest armour to ensure that there is no gap. And get a popper on your shoulder bell, it will stop it sticking up.

Jumpsuit might benefit from being taken in a tad too as it looks baggy.

What do you have in your pouches?

I have my amp in mine and some foam in to help keep the shape (hollowed out for your car keys, wallet, cell, sweets etc).

Minor things though mate ^ just things you will probably get round to doing once you're out there trooping.

I agree with Scar, all-in-all looks very good. Little tweaks: raise your belt boxes a bit and see if you can take the legs in some (should not stop clearance approval). How did you join your chest and back parts? You should have some sort of white nylon or clothe webbing over the joins. I can't tell from the pic...

I tired to fool everyone with one of the shoulders... the strap popped off while I was taking pictures so I just tried to hold it in place! Good eye!

Nothing in the pouches - my wife told me to put something in them and I said they looked okay (strike two)

I actually had the jumpsuit hemmed - being "heavy" and short - it just doesn't hang quite right.

I lowered the thigh boxes cause I thought they were too high (strike 3?)

There is nothing over the shoulder (except black velcro) so these need to be covered?

Poppers = snaps right? lol

Thanks guys!

Think of this as "tips and tricks". :)

I use a rectangle piece of foam in my pouches and then keep trading cards, food, etc in them. The suit looks good above the waist, just kind of baggy below. I'm tall and thin and had to get mine altered to get a more fitted look. You might consider that too. The boxes need to sit about 2-3" or so from the belt. It just looks much better than having them too low. Again, just an observation.

For the chest/back...see pic of mine below. I have a piece of 2" nylon webbing that wraps around the "join" areas on each side. Some folks use cotton webbing, cloth, etc. But...you need to have this part for sure.

IMG_3596b.jpg

Looks good man.

In addition to what Jim & Rich already said, you could probably pull your belt down a little bit so it is flush with the bottom of the back of your cummerbun. The materiel shouldn't be seen below the thermal detinator. Speaking of which, is the greeblie upside down? I believe its supossed to go the other way on the detinator.

Pretty much there, like everyone said, it really is now just a case of fit and finish.

The bund, if you pull it up to alleviate the gap appearing between the chest, this should bring the bottom under your belt. Job done.

Everything else has been pretty much covered.

If you get the chance, I'd swap out the belt box straps for cotton webbing over the nylon, but that can be done after clearance.

As for the greeblie, I think it can go either way. I've found screen caps that suggest both.

As for raising your hip boxes, you don't want them hanging with more then a 4 inch space between belt and box. BJ mentioned pulling down your belt. You don't want your bund popping out below your belt. Your tank pin striping should be more symmetrical. It's uneven and goes too far out. Is that the KS snout on your bucket? If so, when you get the chance, replace it with an MC snout. Not too bad though. Like Chef said, fit and finish.