SC Armor Build

Hey there guys and girls! A couple of minutes ago I just bought my SC armor.. yeah.. MY SC Armor!!

I haven't gotten to the stage where I actually realize I'm soon about to be a full scout trooper.. but once I see that big brown box I will jump with excitement and joy :P

I've got the gloves, flightsuit, cummerbund w/ off white pouches, don jarr greeblies (I bought them but I misplaced them and now I can't find them, silly goose) and KS helmet, which is up to Lancer standards , I hope. I need to get a blaster too since i don't have one.

for the build:

I've got hot glue, e6000, 4 clamps, 2 inch white elastic and lots of enthusiasm... but what am I missing? Is there something else I'm missing?

Yeah I think Jeff is sending cotton with the kits now. Working on my GPR's wife's scout and she got cotton webbing. Looking forward to your build, and I have to say...about time!

Guest DarkDisciple

That picture is awesome. Only things you're missing are a cigar and a glass of scotch. With a straw in it, of course.

Looking forward to watching/learning from your progress. Good luck!

Thanks! and for the cigar and scotch, i'll try to take a pix like that once i have all the armor built up :)

No doubt, cool pic Juan! Glad you got the upgraded cotton webbing too. So...TK done, Biker Scout on the way, and Mando done too?! :)

Yup, the mando's ALMOST done. I just need to fix some things and i'm on the way to become an 'official' mandalorian.

AAAAND after I'm done with the scout, I'll start working on a snow trooper.. :P

Has anyone tried doing a suspender type of strapping that'll hold the cummerbund in place? Not elastic since it eventually stretches and loses its shape, but instead using nylon/cotton webbing? I think I'll do it like that so I won't have to replace the velcro every time it loses strength

Yup, I have. I have yet to troop in it however, but it seems to be a good way to avoid the infamous "slippage". I just took two lengths of black cotton webbing and sewed on 4 suspender-"clips" (?) that I found at the sewing store. I guess it could be attached permanently as well, maybe with some kind of solution from a pair of overalls or similar so it's adjustable.

Just doing a last minute check... Here's all I've got so far:

Boots made by Darth Vorhees (DVH)

w/o flash

420850_3195240482839_1321362246_n.jpg

w/ flash

396240_3169270393603_1727644024_n.jpg

Helmet, which it's got the 3m bolts, MC snout, trooperbay decals and black cloth inside the helmet's ear area to create 'depth', as the crl states. ( I think)

418360_3181673943684_508783436_n.jpg

the whole piece was hand painted (not bad, huh?)

409357_3139670093614_592573803_n.jpg

cloth

424308_3163116359756_392277695_n.jpg

and cummerbund

378881_2779306684754_646690265_n.jpg

gloves

320652_2325255853767_7541672_n.jpg

and.... i had to do this... lol

419951_3362581266254_2007773656_n.jpg

So, yeah. I believe all that i'm missing is the blaster and the armor itself. Hopefully that'll come one of these days

The box is here...

303515_4102423801855_1070046901_n.jpg

I already unpacked everything and I'm extremely overwhelmed by this... I don't know what to do, where to start, when to start, how to start, etc, etc :unsure: :unsure:

Box Party! Okay...first step, RELAX! You have proven yourself to be super good at this stuff so you'll do fine. :)

Some folks start with the chest/back, others work on the arms or knees first. I did the knees first then the belt, then arms, and finally chest/back/tank. Take your time and most importantly...HAVE FUN! ;)

I'm guessing that a rivet gun is necessary for the build right? so with it I can assemble most of the armor?

You will need a rivet gun for the belt, boot holster, and tank on the back. Aside from that, some E-6000 and Velcro is about all you need.

Question time:

Since I'm not aiming for lancer, would it be okay if i just glue the tank to the back plate? I don't have a rivet gun to use :(

And is there a pic intensive armor build around here that I could use for my build? English is not my first language so I'm having some problems with the instructions.

and a silly question, in case i get a rivet gun, every time I've read 'washer' I have no idea what that is, what's a washer?