The TK going TB

Cant remember the name, but there is some kind of fabrick you can iron in between layers, that will make it stick together, a bit like gluing, and this will be the solution we will try out.

Oh no.. I noticed on my faux suede that it fringed way too much where it was cut so I cut mine with around 15mm extra on the edge. This extra part I then folded in and sewed a stitch around 1cm from the edge. After that I made the final stitch to secure it to the suit just a couple of mm in from edge, like you have done. It looks like there's a double stitch, but it's really hard to see unless someone is sneaking up on you from below.

You can see what I mean in this picture: http://i1241.photobucket.com/albums/gg513/Southscout1/DSC00119.jpg

I was doing a very fine zig-zag line all the way round the suede, and I believe thats what weakened the faux suede too much, so its been given a larger zig-zag now. And no, no one will ever notice unless they put their head in between my legs...

Everything looks great, but as you say the shoulder bells could do with being higher and closer to the shoulder bridges.#

Maybe loosen the shoulder bell elastics around your arms as well, the originals were a bit looser looking.

Great build thread.

The suede is all fixed up now, with a wider zig-zag line, to help the suede from falling apart again.

P6110001.jpg

Also work on the bund continues. Only vertical stiches missing now and will wait until I have decided where the pouches will sit.

P6120002.jpg

Although they are already marked out on the backside :)

P6120001.jpg

And the first pouch is done. Just one more, and the extra flap that attaches to the bund.

P6120018.jpg

I'M DONE!!!!!

P6120005.jpg

P6120006.jpg

P6120007.jpg

P6120008.jpg

P6120009.jpg

P6120010.jpg

WAAAAAAAGH!!!!!

P6120011.jpg

P6120012.jpg

P6120013.jpg

P6120014.jpg

Will get detailed pics some time tomorrow and send to my GML my official request for approval :)

Thanks for all the comments everyone. Its really something to keep one going :)

Oh and the pouches are all me :D

...the rest is sewn by my mom hehe

Still waiting for approval, but thanks :D

And funny thing...the first time this costume will be trooping, it wont be with me in it. I'm lending it to our former CO Andrew, for a small troop friday night :)

Its approved :D

The nose and screws could use some darker colours though, but it didnt stop my approval :D

Will correct it though. My GML is right.

For some reason I had got in my head, that the screw covers and nose plate should be way lighter than the grey decals, when in fact they are more or less the same!

Its approved :D

The nose and screws could use some darker colours though, but it didnt stop my approval :D

Will correct it though. My GML is right.

For some reason I had got in my head, that the screw covers and nose plate should be way lighter than the grey decals, when in fact they are more or less the same!

Congrats Morten and welcome to the Pathfinders! I have updated your profile graphic to match. ;)