The TK going TB

I got them as spares for my issued helmet, but do a search for team wendy helmet pads, and you should be able to find something. They attach by velcro, so are very easy to change out and move around.

Continuing on the boots.

Toes are glued in with E-6000 and are dryfitting the calves and flaps.

Heres how the calves and toe comes together.

P5300001.jpg

And with the flaps

P53000032.jpg

P53000052.jpg

Need to tweek the flaps just a bit I think, so they wont go over the sole of the boot, but stop right at the edge.

And damn I want a sweing machine!! Have been doing the top stiching by hand, but to make it look like a machine...takes time!!

To anyone else making their boots right now...get a sewing machine. This could be done in minutes, but in hand it takes a couple of hours!

Went out today and got almost all the fabric I need to sew the soft parts. Only thing I couldnt find was the Suede. Looking around on the net for it now, but its hard to tell what to order when I cant see or feel it myself.

What is more recomended, Goat or pig suede?

I think I've seen Marcel recommending pig suede from Tandys UK. I couldn't find it at a reasonable price here so I ended up with a fake suede that's washable.

I've also seen some comments on the real suede vs. faux suede and I'm also a bit puzzled. For all of the other parts we go more for the "likeness" of a real bikerscout, but for the suede part we're down to the exact same material. But that is something for the Gods on this forum to sort out. :-D

I have faux suede from Joanne Fabrics, a US fabric outlet. It looks and feels just like pig suede and my seamstress could not tell the difference. It cost about $5 US and is totally washable.

• Like 1

I believe I have all the fabric I need now

P6050011.jpg

4x1,5m of black fabrick for the flightsuit and vest.

0,5m of slightly different fabric, for making the quilted sleeves on the vest.

1x1,5m of white fabrick for the cummerbund.

0,5m of off-white fabrick for the pouches.

1x1,5m faux suede for the riding patches and mud flap.

Assorted velcro and elastic i white and black, and both 20mm and 50mm.

Yeah found it to be easiest and cheapest to make my own. This way it will fit me and I wont have to remove all those pockets.

I will make sure to document it all very well, when I go visit my mom next weekend, and get this thing done ;)

Good idea and best of luck. You've done an outstanding job so far. I went with a simple Redkap coverall for my base ($20 US) and then added the suede, elastic, collar, and flap. It works for me.

I'm about to attach the holster to the boot now, and just wanted to know if anyone had some last minute advice.

In addition to the four rivets, I intend to give it some E-6000 and adding some ABS strips to the inside of the boot. Either vertical or horizontal.

Let me know if you have an opinion :)

Dry fitting the holster to the boot.

P6060003.jpg

P6060005.jpg

P6060004.jpg

Did you make a two strips of ABS washers with two rivets in each, or did you make 4 individual ABS washers, and how big?

I made 4 ABS washers about the size of a US quarter. Cut them, drilled the holes for the rivets and then attached the holster. Still going strong since Oct 2011 and about 5 troops. :)

I want to avoid anything going around the leg to begin with. If I later find out the boot collapses I may look for alternatives, but I hope it will stay up by itself and the volume of my leg.