The TK going TB

Final fitting of the hard parts, now with boots.

P6080001.jpg

And with the pistol in the holster. It really drags it down.

P6080002.jpg

Also added some lead weights to the drop boxes, so they wont fly around in the wind.

P6080004.jpg

Next pictures should come tomorrow, and will be WIP of the soft parts :)

Well the cutting and sewing have begun. Starting with the flightsuit.

P6090001.jpg

Trying before sewing(yes its supposed to be baggy right now ;) )

P6090002.jpg

And the back suede patches

P6090003.jpg

Busy sewing

P60900012.jpg

And its a good idea to remember the thigh elastic, so you wont have to cut open the stiches you just made

P6090005.jpg

Trying it on. The riding patches are too long, so thats going to be a pain to fix!

P6090006.jpg

I'll be starting on the pouches while my mom continues on the vest.

I want to use the pinned templates here from BSN, but they seem to be missing the flap that connects the pouch to the cummerbund. Any sugestions on where I should attach this?

I'm think between the pouch back and the front flap, but any advice would be greatly apreciated.

Need to decide where to place the underarm piece. On the elbow, like an elbow protector, or on the arm overlapping the glove.

I have seen both be done, both on costumes and on screen, so I guess its up to me to decide. I'm securing them to the sleeve with velcro, so I have to decide on a position.

So elbow

P61000013.jpg

...or overlap

P61000023.jpg

Need to decide where to place the underarm piece. On the elbow, like an elbow protector, or on the arm overlapping the glove.

I have seen both be done, both on costumes and on screen, so I guess its up to me to decide. I'm securing them to the sleeve with velcro, so I have to decide on a position.

So elbow

P61000013.jpg

...or overlap

P61000023.jpg

Nice work and very quick progress. Vest looks great. I like the glove overlap look of the arm parts. The biceps are a no-brainer but you get the "slippage" there too. So watch that when you troop. The SWH pic shows how that can look! :)

Progress so far.

Flightsuit and vest are more or less done. Need the suede mudflap on the suit, but waiting with that, until the cummerbund is done, and the vest needs velcro to connect that with the cummerbund.

Flightsuit alone

P61000014.jpg

And with the vest

P61000032.jpg

P61000042.jpg

And some hard parts

P61000052.jpg

Didnt bring my balaclava...

P6100006.jpg

Cummerbund is WIP and pics will come shortly.

Only thing thats bugging me a bit, is the distance between the chest/back and the shoulder bells... But it would look weird if they where any higher I think.

Any thoughts?

Only thing thats bugging me a bit, is the distance between the chest/back and the shoulder bells... But it would look weird if they where any higher I think.

Any thoughts?

Overall, very nice. You've done a great job. For mine, I prefer the shoulders a bit higher up. It gives more room for the biceps and looks better on my height (6"2).

cincotroopers031b.jpg

Ran into a major problem with the faux suede used for the riding patches. It have started to fall apart in one place. We have tried fixing it but it kept falling apart in that same place, and now the fabric of the suit is damaged as well.

So will have to see if that can be fixed somehow without taking the entire suit apart and sewing in a new piece!!!

P6110002.jpg