TD Greeblie options

Okay...cool. The greeblie is correct but the size of the SC TD gap is too small. ;) Most folks are using an ABS shim, Velcro, etc and that seems to work well. I believe SC is recasting the TD to be a bit more accurate in size.

The best is Don Jarrs version, not from an original model kit part but very neat and well made. It fits the SC TD with a bit of tinkering.

Agreed, I've gotten a few of his bits & pieces. VERY well made stuff!

• 2 weeks later...

First test pulls of the new Thermal Det box. We 'rush cut' the first box (top) and cut the 'pipe tunnels' a bit shallow, but the second one that we cut (bottom), we did a better job.

For those that want to measure and make sure their new greeblies will fit, the rectangular test-greeblie is 25mm tall and 60mm wide.

thermaldetbox_test_may2012_med.jpg

For comparison, below is that infamous Bluray image ...

rotj_bluray-00004_cropped_thermdet.jpg

First test pulls of the new Thermal Det box. We 'rush cut' the first box (top) and cut the 'pipe tunnels' a bit shallow, but the second one that we cut (bottom), we did a better job.

For those that want to measure and make sure their new greeblies will fit, the rectangular test-greeblie is 25mm tall and 60mm wide.

thermaldetbox_test_may2012_med.jpg

For comparison, below is that infamous Bluray image ...

rotj_bluray-00004_cropped_thermdet.jpg

Looks good Jeff, very nice detail and size. :)

Guys, thanks for the kind words about the new Thermal Det Box.

Let me add my kudos on this... just got my new one from Jeff yesterday and it looks fantastic... thank you sir!

Top = Old SC with painted vinyl non-skid furniture feet greeblies

Bottom = New SC with DJ greeblies

DSCN0381.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry to hijack this thread but I have a question regarding this.

Post #11 shows the round greeblie on the left and the squarer one on the right, post #15 shows the opposite?

I have been searching online and have found a fair few pics of each, I was going to go with the Bluray pic but I know images get flipped so I just wanted to check before I started glueing bits as to the right way?

Thanks

well.... having been through this discussion, we think the Blu-Ray Det is on upside down.

How this affects the orientation of the greeblie on the Det is still up for discussion though.

There are screen grabs and references that suggest it could be either.

Ah, well I don't want to restart what I imagine was a 'good' debate.

I will treat it that the Det was on upside down and work accordingly. (I use E6000 so worse case scenario I will have to whip it off and rotate it.)

Thanks again mate.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...