New TB image with interesting details

Apologies if this has already been covered in another thread, but I came across a picture in the recently-published Star Wars Character Encyclopedia that has some details I hadn't seen before. We all know that still photos are taken at various stages of the production, so I don't know whether any of these things actually made it on-screen, but I thought they were interesting, regardless.

Here is the page devoted to our favorite tree-hugger:

characterencyclo.jpg

Here are some observations I had about the photo (detail images below):

1) The pouches appear to be secured to the cummerbund, rather than the chest plate.

2) The black band above the belt seems to indicate the codpiece is separate from the cummerbund.

3) The belt boxes appear to be threaded on to a thinner white belt.

4) The crotch strap appears to be threaded through the codpiece or sewn on top of it, rather than attached underneath it.

5) There appear to be some straps securing the boot holster.

characterencyclo2copy.jpg

characterencyclo3copy.jpg

Wow. I know I've seen this pic before, but never the whole body shot, or with these Interesting details pointed out. I guess some of these features could've been a prototype. Now I know why Kenner and Hasbro continue to get the boot holster wrong...they were looking at this pic. :)

Interesting about the belt, though if you look at the pics of scouts from screen caps, the belt doesn't appear like the one in the still. And the holster strap doesn't appear as well. Remember that we pretty much base the CRL from what we can derive from screen caps. Interesting none the less though.

This pic is in the Star Wars Chronicles book, as well as the side and back shots. It is a prototype/ preproduction picture. The TD is not of it and it appears there is a bit of thigh armour on it as well?

I know many of us connect our pouches to the cummerbund in this way.

The dark line at the top of the belt/cummerbund could be because of lighting or just incomplete in the pic, but I am not sure.

The holster was initially joined this way, this didn't appear in the movie, but I am not certain. The toys all have the holster like this pic because Kenner used this pic to copy.

The black elastic on the front side of the groin piece the same on the movie Scouts, a nice position to join to as it also nicely eliminates the dreaded "camel toe" due to how it pulls the material.

Another interesting part is the bottom middle cutout on the chest plate, a detail I have always liked to add to my chest pieces, It may have been done to stop cracking from continuing up the chest plate. The Biker Scout chesh plate was allowed to be moved in a "V " diection to allow the guys to reach the handle bars of the Speeder Bikes[ the biceps push the chest armour together].

The plastic needs to be cut beyond the bottom curvature to be able to work.

If I understand you well, I think the drop box straps are the same as the movie Scouts, about 1.5" wide and on my computer screen still look off white.

The belt and belt boxes look like a prototype, maybe done this way for more freedom of movement, I have not seen this way in the movie...yet.

Thanks for posting, I have some more freeze framing to look at now!