Thermal Detonator Clips

This is great. I was going through screen grabs and could only see a little black here and there. I was thinking of just drilling a couple of holes and using more zip ties, but this makes more sense and will be easier to to put on/remove.

For more of the bloopers and wardrobe malfunctions we all love, check out the scout who meets Leia and Wicket. I am pretty sure his TD is held on with white zip ties. They left the loose end sticking out on the tops.

td-ties.jpg

• 6 months later...

Wow. Nice eye. Those are definitely white zip ties. I don't know if I ever noticed that. If I did I forgot it long ago ;) Dear CRL gods, please don't make that a CRL requirement. That would look terrible in person and well... definitely not practical ;)

I think I have a lead on more accurate clips but I won't say for sure just yet. I'm waiting for some information and with the holidays upon us I don't expect my emails back and forth to go too quickly.

• Like 1

I do not want to take away from the Black clips that are being made. I think it is a great way to slip the TD on and off.

td-ties.jpg

But...

I see 2 white long Zip-Ties holding each side. They look like they are wrapped around the main belt and the gray tubes almost half way from center to end cap on the left and right side. You can see in the picture they did not cut off the extra length from the plastic tie after securing it around. The plastic end just stick up in the air at a slight angle.

Kevin W.

Yeah, we think that this was another "during production' mod, after a potential costume malfunction. A damned interesting find non the less. I love these little snippets.

But I don't think it's considered to be 'de rigueur' in terms of scout construction.

If you look at this picture from the MotM exhibit, courtesy of Waksho...

ScoutBelt3-1.jpg

You can clearly see the black over clips, but I've also annotated to little bits behind the detonator, which I suspect are some form of extra fixing that went behind the detonator.

What the clips are is still up for debate.

People have speculated ALICE clips, but I think they are not the correct size/shape for that. Or tool belt clips, again the same issue of size arrives.

Up to now, most people have custom made theirs.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...