SC Scout Helmet Prototype 2012 - feedback?

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like you guys are goona get innundated with orders as soon as they're available...

I'm pretty sure I'll have an order for at least 5 for myself & my squad mates.

Just a 2 questions Jeff, Do you plan to do a chin cup?​​, While leaving enough space to place the black elastic on the helmet to place the chin cup.

Thanks in advance, Leo

Just a 2 questions Jeff, Do you plan to do a chin cup?​​, While leaving enough space to place the black elastic on the helmet to place the chin cup.

We are looking at the chincup picts now and we will be including one with our kits (I'll say now, ILM's design is horrible, but it's cannon, so what can we do).

We have modified the temple areas of our molds to allow for the chinstrap to come through the side of the helmet just like the ILM ones.

Strange - the kit prices were just posted (email received) and now I am not seeing them in this thread.

Were they removed for some reason?

The prices seemed very fair. Hope that they stick.

Thanks Jeff!

\m/

(I am ready for the "all pieces" un-assembled kit, when they are ready)

I have to say these look amazing. I assembled two of the original buckets (which i still have) and I have to say I'm looking forward to assembling one of these. One question will the visor section come cut out in the kit? I hate cutting them out :)

Just another noob question......

Shouldnt there be 8 deeper sections on the right sight on the back of the helmet ?

Typically there are 8 line depressions in the lid... Often debated between 7 and 8 but here are some screenies of actual LFL lids.

The seem-fill in the construction of the helmets causes the differences.... depending on the LFL modeler that put the helmet together.

scoutVent_1.jpg

scoutVent_3.jpg

scoutVent_4.jpg

I believe this lid is available right now on the Studio Creations web site.

http://www.studiocre...morforsale.html

If anyone orders this now, make sure that it is the same helmet as on this thread. I "think" the images on the site are an older version.... (I think...)

Let us know - if anyone gets - one what you think.

\m/

If anyone orders this now, make sure that it is the same helmet as on this thread. I "think" the images on the site are an older version.... (I think...)

Let us know - if anyone gets - one what you think.

\m/

Maybe Jeff can confirm...

Sorry, I got wicked slammed at the 'day job' and have not had time to pop into the BSN to check on things.

The helmet we are offering on our website is the same one I have been discussing here on this thread. The images that Grendel refers to are the older images, and I just pulled down those images and uploaded new images of the 3 different kits we can offer at this time.

We will be tweaking and updating the helmet design over time. Probably in the upcoming winter, as costume season is cranking up now and we'll be busy on other things through the end of October.

Sorry, I got wicked slammed at the 'day job' and have not had time to pop into the BSN to check on things.

The helmet we are offering on our website is the same one I have been discussing here on this thread. The images that Grendel refers to are the older images, and I just pulled down those images and uploaded new images of the 3 different kits we can offer at this time.

We will be tweaking and updating the helmet design over time. Probably in the upcoming winter, as costume season is cranking up now and we'll be busy on other things through the end of October.

Thanks Jeff! I'm sure all the scouts will agree - many thanks to you and your team. We really appreciate all that you do for the Pathfinder Detachment! :)

Thanks Jeff! I'm sure all the scouts will agree - many thanks to you and your team. We really appreciate all that you do for the Pathfinder Detachment! :)

QFT!!

;)