Finally... An Altmann's will be back in my collection!!!!

Well, some of you may know that I have been trying to acquire an Altmann's Scout helmet since 2005 when I sold the one that I had to add to a down payment to my first home.

Well, my wait is over as an AWESOME member on the board decided to offer an extra one that he had to me.

The transaction happened this morning.

OH YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It should be in my posession in about two weeks or so and I plan to post pictures on this thread when it comes to me.

U-RAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

After this, hopefully a LW lid will be the next addition if another run goes out. (hint - hint) :D

\m/

So Matt, I take it you didn't have the winning bid on that one? Curious to know how high that went. We're gonna have to hang out some time next time I head down to Orlando.

Hey Chex. No win on the auction for me - the bid went to a whopping $680 US (plus $25 shipping). I put a tasty bid in but was not near a computer for the final.

Would not have paid that much though so it was a wash. So glad for awesome BSN members that care for their fellow Scouts. :)

I am still trying to find time to finish my TB (iteration 2) too as it is slow coming - now that my Altmann's is back, I am sure things will move faster.

Yeah, I was actualy bummed to have missed the St. Patty's day party you all attended. I would have loved to come up for that even without a "Scoutfit".

Next year for sure! Always up for hanging out too to let me know when you get to O-Town next and I willl do the same for your neck of the woods.

\m/

The better news Matt is that I upgraded the postage for you.

It's being expressed posted to you & should be in your possession within 6 working days.

Happy to help a brother out. ;)

If anyone here has any pull with MC, I've been awaiting on my upgraded Scout kit for just over 4 months now, keep getting apology emails from them when I enquire as to how my order is going but as yet, still no news on it...... Was initially told 6-8 weeks for delivery.. LOL (we ALL knew that'd never happen!!)

Thanks Jules, Marcel and kabuto as well.

The post just above this is the man that hooked me up (e-i :: a.k.a. Rick). I cannot thank him enough!!! :D

Hey MC, he needs his armor! ;)

I will post the comparison pics as well - I will have three Lids to compare and someone may be able to identify the crazy recast that I have reworked into something of substance.

I still am not sure what it was pulled from.

Thanks again all and the lid should be here by next week!

\m/

Glad you finally got a Altmann lid Matt, I saw the final bids for the Altmann helmet on ebay and could not see how it sold for nearly $700 :blink:

I'm glad another BSN member was able to help you out :D

Glad you finally got a Altmann lid Matt, I saw the final bids for the Altmann helmet on ebay and could not see how it sold for nearly $700 :blink:

I'm glad another BSN member was able to help you out :D

Thanks ukscout.

Yeah, those wealthy bidders out there. I am curious to know if it was a BSN member too. Anyone know? B)