My boots complete..

Well completed my boots a couple of days ago but I need some advice on the "flap". When I glued it, it seemed to be the only way to cover the rivets and so on. I just wonder what you guys think about them? These wont go for lancer for my part, when I try for lancer I will cut the soles in a diffo way etc. but would they be acceptable for a scout? The flash makes the boot detail a bit weird.

Overall I'm happy with the result

CIMG2010.jpg

Puh*... good news. I was able to slowly drag the flaps off without to much grease or any damage at the vinyl. So now I can perfect them as I want. I hate having little faults like that :D

Thanks again for the pic!

• 1 month later...
Guest Penn Chemist

I'm curious as to why these wouldn't be lancer approved? Or why you feel they wouldn't? Can anyone weigh in on this?

As far as I see, the only differences are the heel is more pronounced on the Sierras and the "teeth" in the front of the Sierras seem to be slightly set in pairs of two after the initial single tooth beginning on the side closest to the heel. There is no wiggle room for such differences? These differences seem very difficult to avoid without an accurate base boot to begin with. Any boot will have some degree to the heel and will already have teeth in place on the front of the boot. Giving one only so much to work with when it comes to carving out the pattern as seen on the movie boots.

I think you did a great job Andre! They really look good. But can anyone speak to the point of if these should be lancer good? I mean really only so much can be done without the original Sierras being available to everyone.